Wella Blondes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldonovan77

Reaction score
Hi, my hairdresser moved overseas and she gave me a list of the colours she uses on my hair to take to the next hairdresser. I liked what my hairdresser did but I found one of the colours a bit too warm (like caramel which I don't like). I have naturally dark blonde hair about a level 6. I throw a lot of warmth.
This is what she used on me:

BB + 20 vol
10/16 + 20 vol
12/81 + 40 vol

Is blue powder + 20 vol the lightest colour? Isn't level 12 the lightest?
Which is the warmest colour?
I guess what I'm trying to achieve is 3 colours:
1/ Light Creamy/wheat blonde (not white)
2/ 1-2 shades darker - natural/ashy medium blonde
3/ Dark Ash Blonde - to go over previously lightened hair.

I know perhaps I should just ask the new hairdresser but I've tried others since my old hairdresser went overseas and I always comes out too brassy and then they use a toner. My old hairdresser never used a toner. However, I didn't give them the list of shades she used on me (because I didn't want to seem my typical control freak self)

More questions...
There seems to be a lot of different ways to tone out the yellow/brassy tones. Can anyone tell me the difference in the results of the below colours or why one combination is used instead of the other. When is Pearl used?
Sorry about all the questions. I just find this all rather fascinating.

/16 = Ash violet
/61 = Violet ash
/81 = Pearl ash
/86 = Pearl violet
/89 = Pearl Cedre

I greatly appreciate your feedback!!
Many thanks,
Sarah

Noone will give u advice as your not a hairdresser. Best to try a new stylist x

I think you should book in with a hairdresser and show her the colours. Explain what you like/dont like about your hair and from that info she should understand what to use next.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies and sorry if I wasn't meant to ask anything specific.
I'll take the colour list and have a chat.
BTW, this is a pretty cool site. I love reading what you all get up to (colour wise). It really is an art!!
Thanks again!

it's an art?

no, no, my dear. it's an industry! that's why laypeople like you and i mustn't be informed of anything. just blindly trust whomever you take the information to, even if they misunderstand your needs, or simply aren't a good listener, or...

Are u for real? If you had spent years and god knows how much money to learn a trade that requires skill (and an eye for the job in question to be any good at it)....would you have the same attitude?

Latest posts

Back