Wella color correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uhohcit

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm posting on here hoping someone takes a little pity and helps me out. In a previous life I was a hairdresser that worked with Aveda's color line. I dabbled in color from pro stores (redken, joico, kenra) and was a little meh to all of them. I would love to be able to go to a salon for a color correction, but right now I'm a live in care giver and that's not really an option at the moment, but I really want to fix my hair and a friend suggested I try Wella, especially Koleston, but their various lines are starting to send me down a research spiral so I figured it would be better to just ask for advice.

So I'm going to attach photos of my hair now and what I'm aiming for is a rich golden chocolate color, I will throw in some inspo photos too. I am shooting for a lvl 5 root and lvl6 at the ends
Z1- roots level 3
Z2- uncolored mids
Z3- previously lightened hair, which looks like a very washed out red 4 to me

I tend to like my roots just a tiny bit cooler than the ends so it blends in a little with my new growth, and prefer gold tones instead of reds. For this reason I was actually thinking of using Illumina on my Z1 but having never used Wella I'm not sure if it will give me the richness I'm looking for?

I'm thinking a half 5/73 half 6/71 with 20 vol for Z1, but I'm unsure how to go about fixing the ends since its so grown out and needs to be lifted.
My thoughts were to just bleach Z3 and Z2 to a level 7 and then color melt everything after, but Z2 is throwing me off if I should just bleach it or try to lift it with color.

Help my brain stop spiraling, what would your process and formula be?

Attachments

• my hair.jpg
    my hair.jpg
    997.1 KB · Views: 0
  • inspo.jpg
    inspo.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 0
  • inspo (4).jpg
    inspo (4).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
  • inspo (3).jpg
    inspo (3).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
Hello all!

I'm posting on here hoping someone takes a little pity and helps me out. In a previous life I was a hairdresser that worked with Aveda's color line. I dabbled in color from pro stores (redken, joico, kenra) and was a little meh to all of them. I would love to be able to go to a salon for a color correction, but right now I'm a live in care giver and that's not really an option at the moment, but I really want to fix my hair and a friend suggested I try Wella, especially Koleston, but their various lines are starting to send me down a research spiral so I figured it would be better to just ask for advice.

So I'm going to attach photos of my hair now and what I'm aiming for is a rich golden chocolate color, I will throw in some inspo photos too. I am shooting for a lvl 5 root and lvl6 at the ends
Z1- roots level 3
Z2- uncolored mids
Z3- previously lightened hair, which looks like a very washed out red 4 to me

I tend to like my roots just a tiny bit cooler than the ends so it blends in a little with my new growth, and prefer gold tones instead of reds. For this reason I was actually thinking of using Illumina on my Z1 but having never used Wella I'm not sure if it will give me the richness I'm looking for?

I'm thinking a half 5/73 half 6/71 with 20 vol for Z1, but I'm unsure how to go about fixing the ends since its so grown out and needs to be lifted.
My thoughts were to just bleach Z3 and Z2 to a level 7 and then color melt everything after, but Z2 is throwing me off if I should just bleach it or try to lift it with color.

Help my brain stop spiraling, what would your process and formula be?
I personally wouldn't use Illumina for richer shades. Because even the warmer shades are very bleh compared to colour touch or koleston.
I would probably be looking at colour touch if you don't need to cover more than 50% white.
I'd go for 4/71 at the roots. And then use 6/37 + 6/73 for the ends.

Latest posts

Back