Wella colour question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyhair

Reaction score
When you want to add some base in the double colours... ie, 55.54 kp

Should you use 55.0 ? Or can you use just 5.0?

I'm doing someone's regrowth who usually goes elsewhere.. She knows this is the colour she always has ,but as its about 50% grey I need to put base in the formula .

When you want to add some base in the double colours... ie, 55.54 kp

Should you use 55.0 ? Or can you use just 5.0?

I'm doing someone's regrowth who usually goes elsewhere.. She knows this is the colour she always has ,but as its about 50% grey I need to put base in the formula .
I believe if you use a double number I.e 55/0 you are not meant to mix with other tones that's what a wella trainer told me on a recent course. So you need to decide if her hair is resistant enough to use the double number or go in with a base 5 and mix a tone in but 50% grey yes you need a base. Not sure if I've answered your question !! Xx

55/54?? Isn't that colour touch?

If it's colour touch or koleston I'd just go with 1:1 5/0 + 55/54 X

If you're using 55/65 or 77/65 for example, its perfectly fine to mix shades. It will make them less intense though.

However if you're using 55/0 for covering white its absolutely imperative you only ever mix these double bases with other double bases or the special mix, not singular base shades or even something like 55/65. In doing so you'd cause the intensity to be diluted and you won't get the coverage.

Thanks cams you've confirmed what I thought ... So I'm going to use 5.0 as a base.
I have also since been told that with the vibrant reds you should only mix 1/3 of base (no more) as you will loose the vibrancy.

Latest posts

Back