Wella Colour Touch Plus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarfgirl

Reaction score
I'm new to the colour touch plus range but am keen to use it, I'm thinking about using it on my mums hair but I need a little advise first!!
My mum has full head grey hair and we colour it all over with a base 3 slash 2....I've tried to get her to go lighter for ages and she won't have it!! I know what your all thinking yuk!!!!! It is very dark but amazingly I have persuaded her to let me bleach bath the build up of colour out of the mid lengths and ends and get her to go for more of a 6 base shade. I'm thinking a 66/0 poss a bit of 5 with 6 percent in wella for roots but then I was thinking of using colour touch plus on the mid lengths and ends??? What are your thoughts?? Or do you think something different entirely??

Sounds good I do the same with roots at times and use 6/0 Colour Fresh on the ends and looks perfect aswel, think the colour touch plus be perfect to

Why do you wanna use colour touch plus for mid lengths and ends? It's for covering grey so not necessarily the best to use. How about colour touch? I'd say if you can get her to a 5 you'll notice a big difference. I've got a client to half 5 half 6 (used to be a 3 with 100% white) and it smudges the roots a bit better, still a stark contrast but better than near black on white!

Ive just done a colour correction on a grey client base 3/4 reddy brown yuk box dye up to a level 7 ish. Got it to a medium strawberry blonde, looked much better already. Would you consider using a colour remover? They get rid of the colour build up much more evenly than a bleach bath.

Thanks for the replys, she has now decided that a base five is as light as she wants to go!!! I havnt thought of a colour remover, I've never used one and don't even know if my local Aston and fincher stock it but I will ask, if not I'll bleach bath then use a colour touch rather than a colour touch plus on the mid lengths to ends, I'm now thinking a 44/0 and 5/1 on the roots...kp.....My mum hates any warm tones in colour so it has to be as cool as possible. Then a five in ct on the ends. Would any of you suggest using colour touch plus on the root if it is designed to cover grey??

Colour touch plus will only cover the grey 70% so u need to stick with KP on roots for a full coverage. Also when using double bases don't forget they can look a shade darker
Love colour touch gives brill shine

I'm not actually a lover of the colour touch plus if I'm honest, I find it just disguises the grey iv never found great results with it does anyone else think this xx

Thanks for the tips xx

Latest posts

Back