Wella Curl it Wave it, what's the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgosney

Reaction score
I normally use dulcia tonica, but moved to wella everything recently. I have used both Wella Perms - Curl it and Wave it, but dont really know the difference, would appreciate some advice. . . . what is the difference between them, I have used them both for Normal hair(intense)

Many thanks in advance

I normally use dulcia tonica, but moved to wella everything recently. I have used both Wella Perms - Curl it and Wave it, but dont really know the difference, would appreciate some advice. . . . what is the difference between them, I have used them both for Normal hair(intense)

Many thanks in advance

wella curl it -is a firmer curlier perm
wella wave it- more of a body perm, softer curls
I like both of them, wave it is nice bouncy soft curls, i prefer it.x

Thats what I thought but It clearly depends on the texture of the hair I did 2 perms on normal hair on red rollers and they were both excellent curls, I used the preperm lotion too. But I have a spiral type perm coming up but using larger rollers to create softer look, so prob use the wave it lotion :)

Just to be aware that wave-it, as well as being softer is also temporary. I did a load of beach wave style perms in the summer with this and have many clients coming back as it's started to drop back to normal.

It's supposed to last about 3 months but I've found that if it's taken well initially, I'm still getting curls back when trimming anything up to 6 months afterwards.

Personally, I love it and have found it's ideal for clients who don't want to commit to a permanent wave.

Latest posts

Back