Wella dark to light

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantelle<3

Reaction score
So I was at the wella studios on Wednesday. Now wella advice that the way to lighten hair now is to use a mild lightener so 1 part blondor to 4 parts pastel instead of using bleach bath. Just through time would share that as one of stylist in the salon I worked in tried this yesterday and the results was amazing and it didn't take long at all make are job a lot easier xxx

Thanks for sharing this I'm going to be lifting a base 33/0 heading towards this ombré next week! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389391327.323809.jpg
Any other top tips?! X

[QUOTE=Chantelle
How many shades did she lift? Has you say it was a mild lightener x

I love pastel and bleach to lift my roots does it nice and gentle :) then whack my crazy colour on top and my hair is in fine condition! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389392994.273226.jpg

Chantelle How many shades did she lift? Has you say it was a mild lightener x[/quote said:
About 3 May be 4 I only had a quick glance as she was leaving. Mild lightened that's what Wella call it if that what you mean. They don't recomend anything else now aparantly. They said they don't recomend bleach bath because too many people get uneven results xx

Is it applied to shampooed hair like a bleach bath? Or straight to dry hair? Sounds exciting! :)

About 3 May be 4 I only had a quick glance as she was leaving. Mild lightened that's what Wella call it if that what you mean. They don't recomend anything else now aparantly. They said they don't recomend bleach bath because too many people get uneven results xx

Uneven results is down to application not product choice, sounds like a gentler method, will have to try it out.

Wella advise of 3 different methods to achieve colour correction,all subject to client requirement

Wella advise of 3 different methods to achieve colour correction,all subject to client requirement

New for this year they only recomend 2. 1 been a cleansing rinse to remove tone and 2 nd been mild lightener to remove old colour, bands and remove an overload of pigments. Xx

So would you use that to lift 1 or 2 shades on previously coloured hair?? It's been a while since I last used wella/blondor

Blimey I was only there in November and they suggested the 3 methods not this. I will defo try this out x

What's the maximum processing time for this method? Just trying it on a year piece now :) x

Will ask about this when I'm there next week - half way through my MCP so it's confusing if they have changed it

Will ask about this when I'm there next week - half way through my MCP so it's confusing if they have changed it

They defanatly have I'm not lying lol it's not wrong to do a cleansing shampoo they just said they don't recomend it anymore xx

Latest posts

Back