Wella help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi there colour isn't my strongest. I wondered if you could help me I have a client who is a base 6 in the back but has about 75% grey ( more around the hairline) she has an inch regrowth she's after a 9/03 kp to match her ends & have it slightly warmer but not sure if I'm going to get the lift & coverage as I was told anything above an 8 won't cover?? Do you think by mixing 1/2 9/0 &1/2 9/3 would give me coverage?? Any help much appreciated!

If you want most coverage yes use your base shades and get maximum coverage. It all depends on your clients hair. You may get a translucent result or a more blended result or It may cover well? The level 8 rule is a guide but you can break the rules it depends on the the client and type of hair. I would use 1/2 natural base shade and 1/2 warm base shade to get a natural warm result.

I would use 99/0 and /33 mix tone with 12% to get the lift of 3 shades and grey peneration x

I'm Loreal trained. I have been taught to use 20vol for grey coverage. I'll duck out of this one.

Last edited:
Yes. You could use 20 vol on the 75% grey areas, and a 30 or 40 vol to lift areas with a base 6/0 to a 9. 20 vol won't lift those areas enough?

The client is a base 6/0 at the back and 75% grey around the hairline as I understand it

Thanks Russell I appreciate the help! I will try 9/0 & 9/3 with 6% if it doesn't cover I will drop to an 8 with highlights. [emoji106]

So I could use my mixture with 6% on the grey then same on other areas with 9% I've never tried this before but sounds like an alternative way to get an even result?

Yes, I have used this technique,

Thanks

Jake

I would treat the white area different to the rest you can also change your mixture. The rest will be warmer so you can use a more neutralising colour if your lifting more around back.

Latest posts

Back