Wella Illumina cool blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrobertson1

Reaction score
hi this is my first ever time using salon geek so hope I'm posting this properly lol!!

I have a client (my aunt) who's hair has a lot of natural warmth and is naturally between a 7/8 base.

I do full head bleach foils and mix wella illumina 8/1 & 7/81 equal quantities as an all over base colour to tone the rest and this works great however fades within 2 weeks even with the upkeep of silver shampoo and her natural warmth peeks through. Any suggestions should I change any of the colours I'm using? I can't use anything natural because it just goes so warm on her hair!!

Thanks xx

What is she naturally?

What is she naturally?

Level of her hair is between a 7 and an 8. Not quite dark enough for just being a 7 and too dark to be an 8 all over if you understand what I mean. Her hair tone is really gold definetly a /3 for tone

If it's just on regrowth use 8/69 and 7/89 .. over bleached hair will go a pinky grey x

It's an all over base colour I do this over the remaining hair while her foils are in so her bleach foils don't get touched it's to tone it really. I don't do full head bleach colour just full head bleach foils x

I would just be worried about the hair that you will apply it to as you don't weave every section the same so will ultimately going over pre lightened hair x

I would opt for koleston over illumina as it will last longer 7/1 or something along those lines?

Tried kp, love it on my other clients but she really needs illumina for the cool tones!! X

Illumina is amazing but does fade awful fast, what about adding mixtone to KP or 'creating a shade e.g. 8/96 with 6/1 for a level 7? Or the new /97 range is amazing. They have 3 Kp shades and the alternate shades in colour touch

Latest posts

Back