Wella Illumina-why are the ash tones so warm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her hair was still in an ok state so did strand tests with further bleach and they seemed ok. Her hair still feels in good condition now, very lucky girl!!! If it was my hair I would have none left lol Xxx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to take your undertones into consideration when you're lifting. 9/60 is violet, you're going through orange yellow to get to a 9 from a 6. I'd recommend a small squirt of 5/81 or 7/81 to act as a special mix. 8/1 is ash which will not neutralise anything, 8/69 with some 7/81 will probably be better suited. Hope that helps. Illumina is the god of cool colours and I've never had any problem with it but of course the colour will fade, are they looking after their hair correctly?
Hi, I want to have darker blonde than I have now - like level 8/7 and I want to use wella illumina with developer 6% (I hope is correct), now my blonde is level 10/11 so very light and regrowth are level 8 gold.. I need cool tones not warm, as warm is not for me. I found today 3 colors I want to mix 2 of them but I cannot decide which will better choice - 7/81 I loved !! and now 7/81 with 9/60 or 7/81 with 8/69?

Hi, I want to have darker blonde than I have now - like level 8/7 and I want to use wella illumina with developer 6% (I hope is correct), now my blonde is level 10/11 so very light and regrowth are level 8 gold.. I need cool tones not warm, as warm is not for me. I found today 3 colors I want to mix 2 of them but I cannot decide which will better choice - 7/81 I loved !! and now 7/81 with 9/60 or 7/81 with 8/69?

Nope not 6%; pastel i'd go with. 6% will tend to make it too dark and untrue to tone i've found.

Sorry but 11 isn't a level...

But anyway you'll need to prepig your hair prior or it'l just be silver/grey putting those tones straight over.

7/81 and 9/60 is a nice combo.

Nope not 6%; pastel i'd go with. 6% will tend to make it too dark and untrue to tone i've found.

Sorry but 11 isn't a level...

But anyway you'll need to prepig your hair prior or it'l just be silver/grey putting those tones straight over.

7/81 and 9/60 is a nice combo.
image.jpg
So that is my hair, they are light blonde anyway, I want darker shade but not to dark like only level 7, so should I use 9% developer not 6%? and 7/81 and 9/60 give me cool tones nor grey?

View attachment 191894So that is my hair, they are light blonde anyway, I want darker shade but not to dark like only level 7, so should I use 9% developer not 6%? and 7/81 and 9/60 give me cool tones nor grey?
How should I prepare my hair? Is the worst thing if I am going to hairdresser they put bleach as blonde even If I am asking for any color they always say it will be warm color or orange (so the same result I get at home do it myself) or they put one color on my hair! Last year I want darker blonde and I had but after 2 washes I was green!!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I'd like to hove something simmilar to this..

How should I prepare my hair? Is the worst thing if I am going to hairdresser they put bleach as blonde even If I am asking for any color they always say it will be warm color or orange (so the same result I get at home do it myself) or they put one color on my hair! Last year I want darker blonde and I had but after 2 washes I was green!!!

Wait so you're not a hairdresser?

yes , but with long hair I need "extra hands" so another hairdresser !

Oh right.

I but confused why you think 9% over prelightened hair would be ok?

Oh right.

I but confused why you think 9% over prelightened hair would be ok?
Well I am not sure as you said- "Nope not 6%; pastel i'd go with. 6% will tend to make it too dark and untrue to tone i've found."

Well I am not sure as you said- "Nope not 6%; pastel i'd go with. 6% will tend to make it too dark and untrue to tone i've found."

So that means 9% is ok?

How long have you been hairdressing?

So that means 9% is ok?

How long have you been hairdressing?
Well not a long, just left a college..
If you said that 6% will make it too dark so I ask you if 9% ? If I will use 3% then will be darker than 6%

Well not a long, just left a college..
If you said that 6% will make it too dark so I ask you if 9% ? If I will use 3% then will be darker than 6%

I recommended pastel.

Pastel developer because you're depositing not lifting if you're going from a 10 to an 8 or even 7.
If it's very porous, you should consider using a porosity equaliser and possibly adding in extra gold to replace the missing pigment.

I did a virgin head of hair on Friday base 6, with white hair and also the 6 holds warmth. I used 8/69 and 30vol and IT was lush! It's hard to describe the tone but it was just lush. It's my step mum so I can take a photo at some point.

I'd recommend colour recharge in cool blonde as aftercare with illumina. Works a treat!
Did you get a photo of this? I'd really like to see it please

I did a virgin head of hair on Friday base 6, with white hair and also the 6 holds warmth. I used 8/69 and 30vol and IT was lush! It's hard to describe the tone but it was just lush. It's my step mum so I can take a photo at some point.

I'd recommend colour recharge in cool blonde as aftercare with illumina. Works a treat!
Hi. I'm thinking of doing this colour on my 6 Base client on Saturday. Do you have a picture please? x

Hi. I'm thinking of doing this colour on my 6 Base client on Saturday. Do you have a picture please? x

Unfortunately, the poster you've quoted hasn't visited the site since early this year, so if you still need an answer, you may prefer to create a new thread instead?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out as well with Illumina. I want to dye my boyfriend's hair - he is naturally dark blonde, but he could not find a proper dye for himself years ago, so he went for a brown box dye. It looks okay on him, but it does not match his eyebrows nor beard and we would like to change that. He tried going lighter once and the result was ORANGE looking hair, so that would be his undertone. We want to achieve kind of dark blonde colour (let's say David Beckham's would be the aim) - could you be so kind to give your advice on how to achieve that with Illumina colours? Personally, I never tried them before on my clients, so I thought I asked here first. You can find the photo how his hair looks like now in the attachment (not matching the beard :/ ) Thank you so much! :)

Attachments

• ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 76
Are you a qualified hairdresser as it's not exactly a difficult task?
What's his base and what level were you looking to achieve?

Hi, yes I am but I have never worked with illumina before in my life as we are only using l'oreal at our salon.
He is 6 and I will try to reach 8 to begin with!

You can see his colour in the previous attachment!

Thank you

Latest posts

Back