Wella Koleston 10/38 toner over bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarplumfaery

Reaction score
Ok fellow hair geeks, I have some advice to ask re toner.

My client has a full-head bleach that we usually tone platinum with 10/8. She has requested this time for the colour to be not so white, more creamy.

I'm thinking of using 10/38 koleston and pastel, on the new growth once lifted to tone and then in relights the /03 through the mid lengths and ends. I always get a bit nervous when it comes to adding gold into lightened hair! Any advice appreciated.

I've been trying to upload photos but no luck. Keeps telling me not a valid image file. Never had that before!

I always find 10/38 a nice colour.

Why not use 10/38 all over? its a lovely toner.

Thanks guys! I've decided to use the 10/38 all over. Just needed reassurance x

If it allows you to upload a pic of the finished result that would be fab! I'd love to see what this looks like as a toner as I've not used it before and I'm always on the lookout for a perfect creamy blonde toner with no ash or purple tone! X

10mls 9/0 +3cms /33 + 10mls 9/16 +10mls + 10 / 38 + 10mls 9 / 38 + 1.9 %

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390610249704.jpg
    1390610249704.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6,525
Oh my goodness, final colour result was amazing. I did a re growth application of Blondor cream bleach and 6% on a base level 5 and then followed with 10/38 and pastel, re growth first then straight through. Such a clean blond with a very creamy, expensive tone if that makes sense. Not at all gold thank goodness. I safely left it on for ten minutes without it grabbing. Probably left it for 15 in the end. Obviously I was going on the wrong track with the relights /03. I'll keep trying to upload pic. I think 10/38 will be one that I keep in stock. I seem to be doing so many full-head bleaches lately in my little hair kitchen!

Great to read about 10/38 my sister has full head bleach and is looking to make it more 'classy' will defo give it a go x

Oh my goodness, final colour result was amazing. I did a re growth application of Blondor cream bleach and 6% on a base level 5 and then followed with 10/38 and pastel, re growth first then straight through. Such a clean blond with a very creamy, expensive tone if that makes sense. Not at all gold thank goodness. I safely left it on for ten minutes without it grabbing. Probably left it for 15 in the end. Obviously I was going on the wrong track with the relights /03. I'll keep trying to upload pic. I think 10/38 will be one that I keep in stock. I seem to be doing so many full-head bleaches lately in my little hair kitchen!
Because you are extremely good at it and word gets around!

Because you are extremely good at it and word gets around!

Agreed! Sugarplumfaery's original post was from a year ago so I imagine her whole neighbourhood is queueing outside her door by now. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back