Wella koleston, need help, caramel to cover brassy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candofur

Reaction score
I need help.
A client came in with dark roots - level 6- and the rest of her hair was a dark blonde.... which she called caramel.

I bleached the roots to a light brown, dark blonde and then toned with an 8/7 with a pinch of 6/7, bc we didnt have 7/7. It turned out a redish/brassy blonde with a llittle hint of brown, if that makes sense.

I need a color to put all over that will take out brassy tones, but give it a nice caramel look!?!?!?

Please help!!!!
I have to re-do the color in the morning.

Any suggestions or formulas that anyone has used for caramel?

If it's really brassy and needs toned down I'd do 1/2 10/1 with 1/2 10/8 and pastel and just keep an eye on it til it takes the edge of it and still leaves enough of the warmth in it, hth x

if ur aiming for a base of 8, and it was tinted recently, id use colour touch and put 9/1 and 9/0 on it, use 1.9% and put it onto damp hair. . . x

not quite sure why you bleached the roots? whats the target base - a 7? i always use a . 3 mix for honey/caramel shades so to take out the brass as well id probably mix in a little base or ash or maybe go 1/2 shade darker , to make sure it covers , and use a semi. hoppe this helps!

Latest posts

Back