Wella pre pig

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help me?
I’ve died my hair with wella 7.1 and the ends have turned out quite green.
I was thinking of maybe using a colour remover and going over with wella 7.73! Do you reckon I’d need to pre pig and if so what with?
Thanks I’m advance x

Was wondering if anyone could help me?
I’ve died my hair with wella 7.1 and the ends have turned out quite green.
I was thinking of maybe using a colour remover and going over with wella 7.73! Do you reckon I’d need to pre pig and if so what with?
Thanks I’m advance x
If you apply 7/75 you won't need to pre pig as you're already on the level you need to be. The 7/75 is more red than 7/73 and will do a better job at counteracting the green (remember your colour wheel) why would you need to use a colour remover?

What colour was your hair before? Is it possible to post a picture of it now so we can better assess your situation?

What colour was your hair before? Is it possible to post a picture of it now so we can better assess your situation?
Hey, it was an 8 before I put the 7.1 on and I can’t get a good picture as it’s night time there’s no natural lighting and the lights in my house are making my hair look very different in the picture , sorry x

If you apply 7/75 you won't need to pre pig as you're already on the level you need to be. The 7/75 is more red than 7/73 and will do a better job at counteracting the green (remember your colour wheel) why would you need to use a colour remover?
Thank you so much for your reply!
Do you reckon the 7.73 is a good colour as I’m wanting a more warm tone to my hair but not too warm.
Sorry forgot to mention that my roots have turned a very dark brown almost black compared to the rest of my hair x

I’m trying to get this colour brown hair if that helps any one :)

Attachments

• 594DE923-1A1E-4028-8622-44620ED7A1DE.jpeg
    594DE923-1A1E-4028-8622-44620ED7A1DE.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
7/73 would be ideal over prelightened hair, but obviously now you're dealing with green tones. /7 is a very muted /weak copper and /3 is gold. If you add gold (yellow) to green you get yellow-green hair. So the idea of using 7/75 is so the /5 will neutralise the green and then leave you with a very soft natural chocolate tone.

I’m trying to get this colour brown hair if that helps any one :)
By looking at the picture I would say it's more of a 6/71 at the root and 8/38 on the mid lengths and ends.

7/73 would be ideal over prelightened hair, but obviously now you're dealing with green tones. /7 is a very muted /weak copper and /3 is gold. If you add gold (yellow) to green you get yellow-green hair. So the idea of using 7/75 is so the /5 will neutralise the green and then leave you with a very soft natural chocolate tone.
That’s perfect thank you for taking the time to reply and help me out :)

Thing is though if your roots are now dark brown they're only going to get darker if you put anything over it, unless thats what you want?

Thing is though if your roots are now dark brown they're only going to get darker if you put anything over it, unless thats what you want?
No I don’t want them to get darker, what do you suggest :)

By looking at the picture I would say it's more of a 6/71 at the root and 8/38 on the mid lengths and ends.
Hey one more question, what colour would you suggest to get the same chocolate colour as the 7/75 but to cover orange instead of green, hope that makes sense x

Hey one more question, what colour would you suggest to get the same chocolate colour as the 7/75 but to cover orange instead of green, hope that makes sense x
It depends how orange, I'd look at 15g 6/71+15g 8/71 + 2g 0/86 mix tone.
Your other options would be to tone it twice, tone out the orange first with 8/81+7/89 and then apply your target shade over the top.

No I don’t want them to get darker, what do you suggest :)
You'll either have to use a colour remover or lift them up to a 7 but then you'd have to use a different formula as they'll be very warm.

Latest posts

Back