Wella professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have a client who has 12/1 used on her with a previous hairdresser, I can just not get it lifted high enough after leaving on for max time, and I am newish to hairdressing (qualified two years ago) and am petrified about leaving on longer than time on the instructions, her ends are very White, natural base is about a 5 or 6
Thanks xx

Hi I have a client who has 12/1 used on her with a previous hairdresser, I can just not get it lifted high enough after leaving on for max time, and I am newish to hairdressing (qualified two years ago) and am petrified about leaving on longer than time on the instructions, her ends are very White, natural base is about a 5 or 6
Thanks xx

What peroxide you using? Have you put a sprinkle of bleach in with it? X

Thanks xx

What strength peroxide did you use? i would try adding a spot of bleach with the 12/1, that should help lift it that bit higher :) hth xx

Hi there,

I have just started working in a new salon who use Wella, however i trained with L'Oreal and am finding it really hard to get my head around the tones with Wella, there are different to L'Oreal and i find i'm having to pester the other stylists when i'm doing a colour consultation :( is there somewhere online that will list the tones for Wella? Thanks xx

Hi there,

I have just started working in a new salon who use Wella, however i trained with L'Oreal and am finding it really hard to get my head around the tones with Wella, there are different to L'Oreal and i find i'm having to pester the other stylists when i'm doing a colour consultation :( is there somewhere online that will list the tones for Wella? Thanks xx

Wella education online, it should also be on the back of the colour chart, wella is easy and loreal and both convert easily hth x

Thanks ladies a sprinkle of bleach it is then, am I still okay to leave on max time? 12% is what I use as it's high lift...

Thanks ladies a sprinkle of bleach it is then, am I still okay to leave on max time? 12% is what I use as it's high lift...

Yh should go with 12% if she is dark, and we high lifts it needs to be left on full time as tone is only released into the hair in the last 15-20 mins, if this doesn't work you can always apply some more pure tint to the hair which will give it a boost of ammonia to lift it abit more.

Yh should go with 12% if she is dark, and we high lifts it needs to be left on full time as tone is only released into the hair in the last 15-20 mins, if this doesn't work you can always apply some more pure tint to the hair which will give it a boost of ammonia to lift it abit more.

I would just go with this, not add the bleach. I personally think adding the 'sprinkle' of bleach is pointless and just kills the toning capabilities in the tint.

Which high lift tint are you using? maybe place a few highlights through the parting area too if the ends are very light, or tone down the ends with a colour touch maybe??? :)

Last edited:
I am a proud user of Wella also and I can say that it is so great. Keep on sharing!

I have a question.

Do you think they will eventually reduce the prices of the new wella professionals styling range?
I suspect its expensive because they are relatively new products on the market.

The Bold Move gel costs over £10 a tub. "Its shocking"

:(

xx

i agree it costs a fortune!!

Hi, what colour would you recommend to achieve intense red streaks/ highlights on a base 5, without using bleach?

Hi, what colour would you recommend to achieve intense red streaks/ highlights on a base 5, without using bleach?

Choose a color from the wella magma range.

:biggrin:

id reccomend loreal maji contrast red. i swear by it and think its AMAZING :)

need to understand highlift tints a little better. if i use a wella highlift tint will it lift coloured hair or will they only lift on natural hair? maybe a bit of a simple question but just wondering. x

need to understand highlift tints a little better. if i use a wella highlift tint will it lift coloured hair or will they only lift on natural hair? maybe a bit of a simple question but just wondering. x

Are you talking high lift or magma? Both very different things .

high lift not magma.

As a rule they say it doesn't but it actually does, but it all depends on hair type, amount of colour and hair texture but the cone out subtle, also results can be different on everyone because of what I just said, And they only lift 4 - 4 1/2 levels max unless told otherwise, not designed for on scalp use but we all know we do from time to time in the right circumstances, any one else got anything to add? X

I really hope someone can help me !!
Ive worked in salons for years so have spent alot of time in the hairdressers chair! Somehow nobody can seem to master the problem with the type of blonde i want!!

Im a 5/6 naturally but i must have a lot of gold in my hair as it doesnt matter what tint gets used it comes out VERY goldy/orangey and looks like ive dome it myself at home!
i dont want white blonde hair but a light `natural looking ` blonde, neutral sandy tones.
I dont know whether its best to have a slightly darker natural blonde base and a couple of lighter blonde foils or a lighter base (my hairdresser last used loreal 10.01 on my scalp and many toners since!! But it always goes back to goldy/orange!) and some neutral blonde foils running through?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as i get so down with the results of my colouring, im also conscious about messing too much with the condition of my hair !!

Thank you for anybody`s time on this!!

xx

I really hope someone can help me !!
Ive worked in salons for years so have spent alot of time in the hairdressers chair! Somehow nobody can seem to master the problem with the type of blonde i want!!

Im a 5/6 naturally but i must have a lot of gold in my hair as it doesnt matter what tint gets used it comes out VERY goldy/orangey and looks like ive dome it myself at home!
i dont want white blonde hair but a light `natural looking ` blonde, neutral sandy tones.
I dont know whether its best to have a slightly darker natural blonde base and a couple of lighter blonde foils or a lighter base (my hairdresser last used loreal 10.01 on my scalp and many toners since!! But it always goes back to goldy/orange!) and some neutral blonde foils running through?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as i get so down with the results of my colouring, im also conscious about messing too much with the condition of my hair !!

Thank you for anybody`s time on this!!

xx

Ever tried a silver shine shampoo once or twice a week?

Last edited:
Ever tried a silver shine shampoo once or twice a week?

Ive tried using that kind of shampoo every single day and still no joy!!
What it actually does is over-tone the ends so they look even more of a different colour to the roots!!

xx

Latest posts

Back