Wella professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wella.edu

Reaction score
Hi All

I am a hardcore wella user and i just love wella. If u have any questions regarding wella, feel free to ask me.

Hi I trained with wella and now I'm going into a salon that uses l'oreal. Do u no if they are similar?

Also something that has been bugging me for about a year...I did my boyfriends mums highlights and shes very blonde but wanted a few darker highlights. I used some 7s but they were a bit wishy washy so someone told me to use a 6\75 and it came out pink!!! Anyway I used that colour again on my blonde doll head and it came out a nice brown??

Yes, I'd love to know how to get a base 7 (warm undertones) to a baby blonde with Wella. The 12s turn the hair too white and the 10/1 has turned my roots ginger. Looking for something in between but my salon don't seem to be able to find the right level / tone though they're trying very hard! . If you've got any ideas I'm eternally grateful :biggrin:

I have a question.

Do you think they will eventually reduce the prices of the new wella professionals styling range?
I suspect its expensive because they are relatively new products on the market.

The Bold Move gel costs over £10 a tub. "Its shocking"

:(

xx

I have a question.

Do you think they will eventually reduce the prices of the new wella professionals styling range?
I suspect its expensive because they are relatively new products on the market.

The Bold Move gel costs over £10 a tub. "Its shocking"

:(

xx

well ur concern is right but dear its worth of buying. Its a amazing styling range

Hi I trained with wella and now I'm going into a salon that uses l'oreal. Do u no if they are similar?

Also something that has been bugging me for about a year...I did my boyfriends mums highlights and shes very blonde but wanted a few darker highlights. I used some 7s but they were a bit wishy washy so someone told me to use a 6\75 and it came out pink!!! Anyway I used that colour again on my blonde doll head and it came out a nice brown??

hi
The reflects of wella and loreal are different. So dont b mistaken of using loreal instead of wella without learning the difference.

Yes, I'd love to know how to get a base 7 (warm undertones) to a baby blonde with Wella. The 12s turn the hair too white and the 10/1 has turned my roots ginger. Looking for something in between but my salon don't seem to be able to find the right level / tone though they're trying very hard! . If you've got any ideas I'm eternally grateful :biggrin:

Hi i will love to help u but i really need to know the number of color u want for ur hair as baby blonde didnt get me idea about the level and reflect u are looking for. Just let me know the number i will tell u how to achieve.

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's hard to say which level from looking at the hair swatches, but I would say I'm going for a level 10, so 3 levels up form my natural colour.

hi cookie

Ok rather than 10/1 you should use 10/6 if available in your country or just add 0/66(1.5gms) to 10/0 (60gms). This way u will get nice 10 level result.

Thanks I'll ask the salon if they have 10/6. I just read that that's violet. I didn't realise that would be good for combatting orange.

Also - would that be better than a 10/8 that someone else suggested? I'm unsure of the difference between pearl blonde and violet. Which has anyone found better for cooling down underlying warmth?

violet is for yellow, u need blue for orange. . .

It depends how White you want it-violet will tone to nearly White whilst blue will leave a yellowy tone to hair x

Oh thanks, I definitely don't want white, that's why i switched from a 12 to a 10 because i want some yellow left. So which Wella tone is blue? I thought the ash, but the 10/1 still turned my roots ginger :o

Oh thanks, I definitely don't want white, that's why i switched from a 12 to a 10 because i want some yellow left. So which Wella tone is blue? I thought the ash, but the 10/1 still turned my roots ginger :o

Hi there.

/1 = ash
/6 = violet
/8 = blue (pearl)
/9 = soft ash (cendre)

:)

Also - would that be better than a 10/8 that someone else suggested? I'm unsure of the difference between pearl blonde and violet. Which has anyone found better for cooling down underlying warmth?

hi

the suggestion is perfectly right. U ve 2 b sure what u want to neutralize orange or yellow. u mentioned ginger and in india, ginger is little yellow than orange so i misunderstood u. Ha ha

well if its orange u should go for /8 if yellow go for /6 and if yellow orange go for /9.

Now I understand :D sounds like 10/8 is the one for me then!
Thanks, you're all wonderful for helping. I can't stand these orange roots much longer :|

Hello! I wonder if you could please give me some advice?!!

I have a client booked in a couple of weeks who has bleach blonde hair and would like to go a deep rich red colour. I was hoping that you can give me some advice on the best shades to use to pre-pigment the hair and then a final shade. Is it best to stick to Wella Colourtouch? As I've heard a semi is better than a permament as they hold better to the hair.

Look forward to hearing from you!!

Hi All

I am a hardcore wella user and i just love wella. If u have any questions regarding wella, feel free to ask me.
hi there wondering if you could help me please. im swapping over from using paul mitchell colours to wella colours. could you please fill me in on whats the best ash toners to use are and what to mix them with. in paul mitchell they dont have secondry numbers and they dont go past level 10. instead they call the colours high lifts if you get me? im finding it difficult to find what the equivilants are to using high lift colurs and uta and utp toners. just very confused and dont seem to be able to find infomation in depth online. thanks Heatherxxx

hi there wondering if you could help me please. im swapping over from using paul mitchell colours to wella colours. could you please fill me in on whats the best ash toners to use are and what to mix them with. in paul mitchell they dont have secondry numbers and they dont go past level 10. instead they call the colours high lifts if you get me? im finding it difficult to find what the equivilants are to using high lift colurs and uta and utp toners. just very confused and dont seem to be able to find infomation in depth online. thanks Heatherxxx

If you phone wella technical helpline they will be able to convert it for you, hth x

Latest posts

Back