Wella root smudge advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slrbabes

Reaction score
Hi all.
Family member is a natural level 7 with really light box coloured blonde all over at a 9 with 1.5cm root growth. Hair not in the best condition as you can imagine so suggested a root smudge so not as much up keep and a warm strawberry blonde over the pale yellow blonde.
Thinking root smudge with 7/7 into 9/04, perhaps a few lowlights with the 7/7 and maybe some 8/43...my question is do you think the 7/7 will be too dark as a root smudge/lowlight as she is definitely wanting to be a strawberry blonde? I feel like strawberry blonde is so hard because I worry it’s going to look brassy!! Photo of clients root regrowth and current colour.

Attachments

• B9F3BB2A-B134-43C6-868A-1E6669101CE9.jpeg
    B9F3BB2A-B134-43C6-868A-1E6669101CE9.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 51
Hi all.
Family member is a natural level 7 with really light box coloured blonde all over at a 9 with 1.5cm root growth. Hair not in the best condition as you can imagine so suggested a root smudge so not as much up keep and a warm strawberry blonde over the pale yellow blonde.
Thinking root smudge with 7/7 into 9/04, perhaps a few lowlights with the 7/7 and maybe some 8/43...my question is do you think the 7/7 will be too dark as a root smudge/lowlight as she is definitely wanting to be a strawberry blonde? I feel like strawberry blonde is so hard because I worry it’s going to look brassy!! Photo of clients root regrowth and current colour.
On damaged porous hair 7/7 will more than likely come out like 7/07 anywya so it will be more natural looking. If you want to keep it slightly warmer what about 7/73?

On damaged porous hair 7/7 will more than likely come out like 7/07 anywya so it will be more natural looking. If you want to keep it slightly warmer what about 7/73?
Thanks - I did consider 7/73 but I was worried about it pulling a little too gold as her hair is quite yellow. I’m thinking full head of foils with 8/43 then wash off and do root smudge with the 7/7 and tone with the 9/04 with pastel and crossing my fingers that she doesn’t think her roots are too dark!

Latest posts

Back