We're opening our new salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnsense

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Our finances gave just been confirmed, we've found a property now it's full steam ahead. What advice do you guys have on opening a new salon???

Before anything else... Read your lease properly! Negotiate free months, lower rent, lower rent for a short period etc. Basically anything that might take the heat off you for a short while.

If you can negotiate anything that's going to make your life a bit easier while you launch your business, do it! Don't be afraid- the worst anyone can say is no!

There's a saying in Newcastle- Shy bairns get nowt! And it's true! And good luck :)

Hi Geeks,

Our finances gave just been confirmed, we've found a property now it's full steam ahead. What advice do you guys have on opening a new salon???

Sort tbe horrible stuff 1st, business rates, rubbish disposal << people charge different rates s get a few quotes, music licences. Flyers, business cards and price lists...

I personally like the Monochrome minimalistic look, but you may like bold and bright, work out where the sun comes in your windows at every working part of your,day, the last thing you want is it beaming in right into your mirrors so both you and client are blinded.

Do a big flyer drop 2-3 weeks before opening, and have a nice welcoming open launch day.

Good luck :D x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheers guys, super excited. Solicitors are going through the lease as we speak, will ask about reduced rent for a couple of months while we refit premises. Got loads of things up my sleeve for marketing. Some great ideas from friends:)

How did this go?!
In very early stages but looking around a premises tomorrow and waiting for council to call me bak. Any advise to how you may have done things differently if you were to start again?! Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks x

Latest posts

Back