Wet nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally forgot about the other thread!
Yeah that is crazy if your mum has had a reaction already and your having even more problems...stop using it!!! Clearly it's not good!
Go to a pro and pay to get it done you'll probably spend more money on trying to fix the damage than you would going and getting it done propery xxx

I do know that Blue SKy is different from proper gelish and Shellac...but on all the posts I have found where people are allergic to the gel polish (whatever it is) it does not seem to matter whether using real Shellac or cheap copies, the allergy is the same, as it is the acrylates and not specifically caused by the brand.

Also, I wanted to point out that this is incorrect. Different brands of polish use different amounts and types of photoinitiator which is generally the sensitizing agent. CND Shellac is a good example of this - it has fewer and different photo initiators which allows it to be hypoallergenic. CND Shellac is hypoallergenic; Blue Sky and CCO "Shellac" are not. Cheap gel polishes tend to have a lot of cheap photo initiator to get a quick, hard set, and are much more likely to cause an allergic reaction because it increases the exposure. If you are using a cheap lamp and a cheap gel, the odds of an incomplete cure increase exponentially and that greatly increases exposure to uncured gel. Once there is an allergic reaction, even small amounts of the allergen will cause a reaction. So although the allergic reaction was caused by cheap BlueSky and CCO polishes, now even legitimate brands like Gelish will cause a reaction. And that reaction tends to get stronger with repeated exposure.

I cannot state strongly enough that you need to stop using this stuff until you've studied it more and understand it better. I don't know how old your mom is, but elderly clients in particular can have other health issues that the allergic reaction can aggravate and interact with. A lot of people who cannot use other gel polishes can use Shellac, but it is best to wait until she is completely healed before attempting anything else. Please be careful.

Last edited:
For the sake of your and your mums health please stop using these products and lamps. I saw the post about what i consider a severe allergic reaction. There is a reason that the lamps you mentioned above are professional only and cannot be obtained unless you have had training. The rio items you mentioned might be expensive but they are not professional hence why they can be picked up in your local Argos. We cannot advise you on why your non-professional products are not curing. Its not because we are being mean its because they are not designed for professional use and there for we know nothing about them. If they are cheap the quality is likely to be poor and the ingredients below par. Its safer and healthier to have your gels applied by a qualified technician who can give you proper after care advice along with maintenance advice and to ensure the application is hygeinic. Improper use of gel products can also lead to infection and incorrect removal can lead to permanent nail damage. Please heed our advice and stop using these sub-quality products. Cheap nails aren't good and good nails aren't cheap. And i hope your mums allergies are healing. Perhaps its best she has manicures and has nail polish applied in future when her hands are 100%

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back