What A Stressful 2 Days Ive Had

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all - as alot of you may be aware, im due to be a nana again in 6 weeks time (we expecting a little boy called jack) anyway my daughter (or jack) decided to play silly buggers, my daughter was having serious contractions on monday night, i took her to hospital at 5pm where we were told that my daughters cervix has thinned out, we went home ( at her house all monday night thro till today) then everything stopped till 4 am yesterday morning then contractions started again, some of them made her tremble with the pain, these stopped again at 6.30am (god my head is in bits by now). we have been for a scan today and everything is fine, jack is bigger than average, and weighes aprox 5.5lbs. the hospital has told my daughter that she should expect an early delivery, so im on tender hooks. earlier today my daughter text me (i was thinking "here we go again" but it wasnt she asked me to cut jacks cord when he is born - i was absolutely extacic with excitement.
ill keep all informed on developments, but just thought id share this with you

im so excited and cant wait to meet my grandson (im nearly crying now so ill shut up)

Oh Glynis no wonder your so excited youv'e really had a few scary days there lol Hope it won't be long untill little Jack makes his apperance into the world.
Love and hugs to all of you :hug:

Hope everything goes well for your daughter & grandson. Hugs all round :hug: :hug:

thanks for that guys - ill keep you posted

How exciting! I was at there when my sister gave birth, it was a wonderful experience....mainly due to the pain my sister was in :twisted: Aah, only kidding it was all straight forward, i would've probably passed out otherwise, lol!

Try and get some well deserved rest Glynis while you can. ;) Please let us know when little jack makes his appearence,... ooh, i'm going all broody now!

daughter has text me again tonight - she getting bloody twinges again - but told me to stay at home - SO NOW I CANT BLOODY SLEEP - mobile by my bed ready -

HOW BLOODY STRESSFUL IS THIS

Peter Pan said:
HOW BLOODY STRESSFUL IS THIS

Well, normally I'd say have a drink, but in this case you may need to drive! Warm drink & bed, your phone will wake you if you are needed! Even a rest without sleep is better than nothing. :zzz:

wow! Glynis now wonder you on tenderhooks lol I wouldnt know what to do!

Take care and cant wait to see piccies of your gorgeous grandson :)
:hug:

Come on Glynis, haven't you gone to bed yet!?

You'll have to keep us all up to date with things! Oh by the way sorry I totally misunderstood you in the chatroom. Could have sworn you said Jack was already born!!!!!!!!!!!doh!:o

Exiting news all the same...................Now get some sleep!!!!xxxxxxx

nicjill said:
Well, normally I'd say have a drink, but in this case you may need to drive! Warm drink & bed, your phone will wake you if you are needed! Even a rest without sleep is better than nothing. :zzz:

you never seen me with rest without sleep-but im at standby even tho she just text again to say all has stopped YET AGAIN - im sure jack will make an entrance within 3 weeks - he better make his mind up - he driving me nuts lol

hope baby comes soon , so you can get some rest , lol , i think its more stressful for the people round us when we are due, the pregnant one just sort of gets used to it i think (lol, i did anyway )

Glynnis xxxxxx

I hope you ALL get some rest
N catch some ZZZZZZZZZZ's.

Love N Hugs
xx J xx

I was like Julie... thought you said he had been born... hence all the congratulations lol
hope everything goes smoothly for you and your daughter and ofcourse baby Jack.
what an honour being asked to cut the cord :hug: that's a lovely thing to be able to do and will give you an even bigger bond with Jack when he decides to make his entrance.
take care
xxx

well all is still quiet - as soon as jack is born there will defo be pics

I hope all goes well with your daughter and baby Jack. I was there when my sister had her first and it was an awesome experience, one I will never forget. Just enjoy it. Hugs to you all :hug: :hug: :hug:

AAhh bless you Glynis, I hope Jack and Mum and Nana manage some rest in the next few days while you wait for his arrival.

Look forward to hearing all about it an seeing his pic when he is born. Take care hun
big hugs and kisses and enjoy every moment .
x

Oh looking forward to those photos of Jack once he arrives bless.

I bet you can not wait.

Love Caz xxx

what a wonderful thing to see,
i would love to be there and watch a birth, although we have kids ourselves you dont actually see what goes on or feel the emotions of the people watching.
my best buddie claire was there for the birth of ashley she is his god mother and they have this amazing bond..........wow watching your own grandchild being born....now that is something truly special.

Nana?????????? You only look about 12 yourself.

Bet you can't wait until he's here. I was at the birth of my great nephew on Monday morning. He's called Johnny and he is soooooooooo gorgeous.

Wishing you and your daughter much love and all the best. xxxxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Nana?????????? You only look about 12 yourself.
hahahahah - i look 112 today........

my daughter was at it again last night - all was fine till 7pm then bam...contractions again till 12pm, bless her, she looked exhausted, everything STOPPED AGAIN. as you can imagine, i didnt get much sleep last night, so am starting to look abit worse for wear, hopefully ill be able to put some pics up by monday.

anyway thats where we at for the time being, will keep you all posted

Latest posts

Back