What am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I swear the more I colour hair the less impressed with my abilities I am.

I just cannot get grey coverage right with inoa.

I had a lady with 80% grey at the top and 60% at the back.

She had old blonde (home) tint on the ends. Around 9-10. Warm.

She had 2-3 inch roots. But wanted a contrast.

Wanted 933 (never ever have anyone request a 3 let alone a 33) I didn't have a 933.

I used 93 and 83FUND with 30vol. (Although I didn't quite have enough so used 9.0 (4g) and 7.0 (2g) instead of 8.3FUND)

Fully saturated the root and smudged into the ends.

Applied all the way through straight off.

Went all around hair line first as it was most white.

Scratched the colour off after 35mins. Looking good. All looks covered.

Apart from temples.

That's cool. It has a warm sheen. Kind of. In this light.. I think..

Blowdrying it. And it looked stupidly translucent throughout with ginger roots (in places).

She's left more than happy. But I just can't work out what else I can do.

I could have used 20vol on roots and done them after the mids. But that still wouldn't affect the translucent look.

Should I just do majirel instead?!

Inoa don't even have mix tones apart from green and blue

I would use Majirel I worked in a redken salon for a while and they used chromatics which had lovely shades but grey coverage was terrible! Even with double base honestly NXT covered better! Don't get disheartened get rid of inoa!

I use inoa on sis in law. She has resistant white hair. We were using 7 and squidge of 5.35 in it and was covering and no green tinge. Had to start using the 7.0 and 5.35 to get coverage but still looks a little translucent to me. I don't like inoa .

Inoa is def translucent , I think majirel is much better !
Remember to use half base when covering resistant grey , and use 20 vol other wise you will get root glow. ! X

Inoa is def translucent , I think majirel is much better !
Remember to use half base when covering resistant grey , and use 20 vol other wise you will get root glow. ! X
Think I used more base than tone.

In that case , I think u will have better luck with majirel xx

I love INOA.......it is NOT opaque, like Majirel.
I prefer a softer, more natural coverage, so the translucency suits what I want it to achieve.:cool:
If you have a client, wanting COMPLETE 'WIPE OUT', stock Majirel.

I would probably have used 8.3 fundimental with 20 vol, and a dia light to tone her mid-lengths and ends.
Go slightly darker when covering white, small sections....and ALWAYS on CLEAN HAIR!
I've had clients turning up with 'Root touch' on, or caked in dry shampoo....!!! nothings gonna get through that! :eek:

I love INOA.......it is NOT opaque, like Majirel.
I prefer a softer, more natural coverage, so the translucency suits what I want it to achieve.:cool:
If you have a client, wanting COMPLETE 'WIPE OUT', stock Majirel.

I would probably have used 8.3 fundimental with 20 vol, and a dia light to tone her mid-lengths and ends.
Go slightly darker when covering white, small sections....and ALWAYS on CLEAN HAIR!
I've had clients turning up with 'Root touch' on, or caked in dry shampoo....!!! nothings gonna get through that! :eek:
She thought 93 was too dark?!

So wasn't 100% comfortable to use anything darker.

She has short short hair. Her hairs probably 3-4inches long and her last inch was coloured. Dia wouldn't have covered the whites.

I had washes it with a clarifying shampoo as she had left her conditioner I'm from the morning...

Dia colour is NOT designed to cover white, but is a great product to use for toning the mid lengths and ends of previously coloured hair.
If the hair is very short, this step would not be necessary.
Just go in with 8.3 Fundimental + 20 vol (not 30)
That should do the trick!;)

INOA sucks for grey coverage....I brought it in to my salon & found when switching my regular with grey over to it, most came back right away with spotty grey showing so i switched to redken

INOA sucks for grey coverage....I brought it in to my salon & found when switching my regular with grey over to it, most came back right away with spotty grey showing so i switched to redken

yip my sis in law is in every week for blowdry and literally a week after colouring her roots i can see the greys shining through even more!

Inoa, Chromatics and Colorinsider brands of ammonia-free oil delivery system hair colourants are all part of the Loreal brand of companies. I have in my past worked for L'oreal Paris research and development laboratories as a product clinical developer. These new colourant delivery systems were developed to offer a safer, tenacious and pleasant salon experience for the client. With an emphasis on prescribing a bespoke aftercare regimen after an in-salon hair colour service...
Loreal brand of companies is concerned in offering a Professional Lux Experience. As the global bespoke professional hair colourant clientele is worth over set to reach $48 billion by 2023.

It's all about selecting the correct product delivery system for the client's hair colour needs. It's all about the consultation. Always remember, who is the colour professional...

Inoa, Chromatics and Colorinsider brands of ammonia-free oil delivery system hair colourants are all part of the Loreal brand of companies. I have in my past worked for L'oreal Paris research and development laboratories as a product clinical developer. These new colourant delivery systems were developed to offer a safer, tenacious and pleasant salon experience for the client. With an emphasis on prescribing a bespoke aftercare regimen after an in-salon hair colour service...
Loreal brand of companies is concerned in offering a Professional Lux Experience. As the global bespoke professional hair colourant clientele is worth over set to reach $48 billion by 2023.

It's all about selecting the correct product delivery system for the client's hair colour needs. It's all about the consultation. Always remember, who is the colour professional...

Just so you’re aware, this thread was created in 2016 and the OP has been absent from this website for the past two years.

Latest posts

Back