What are the pros and cons of mobile hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am mobile too and love it. I can decide when I work, there are organisations that help youto find the work, it is true that you need to train yourself and think what is relevant for you, but clients love the personal touch. I do salon days in peoples homes, which make me a good lump sum of money on the weekends, and there are stylist aids available for the mobiles too. I have my backwash basin to wash the hair, got my hood dryer, everything you would expect the salon to have. I do the color consultation by going to their homes couple fo days before and they can choose the color as they would from the salon.
I don't need to stock the colors, because when you do the consultation, you can just buy the tube after if you have the color books. All over I am happy and don't really see down sides. I love my job and Ithink I would find it very hard to work for someone now.

Are u afraid that who knows maybe client is some maniak l mean u never now if u just give add and someone call u who will be at that home,me perosnaly l am little bit afraid so l prefer to wotk at home and mostly with recommanded people:)

Hi,

I have been self employed now for a year. I am loving it. And I have secured a couple of ongoing contracts with residential homes and hospitals which gives me my guaranteed income on top of my regulars.
I have days where i am busy till ten at night but then i have other days where i may only have one client. Personally I love it. :)

I'm a mobile hairdresser and have been doing it now for nearly 6years and have never looked back, i would never work for anybody again. I worked in a couple of salons and yes its nice to be able to chat to your collegues but hair salons can be very bitchy aswell.
I get on really well with my clients to you wont feel lonely as you get to know everyone more on a personal level, Ive made some really good friends through it and now go the pub with! lol
Its nerving at first walking into peoples homes but it does get easier.
Financially its better, i wouldnt of been able to of buy my own home or a new car with the wages i was on in the salon!
The only problem is you do seem to work harder and cant say "NO" when a client wants you to squeeze them in! lol
I also wouldn't of been able to have 2 dogs if i had a 9 till 5 job either, i like the flexability of coming home seeing to my dogs and even doing household jobs inbetween clients.
trust me its the way forward! xx:)

Latest posts

Back