What are you seeing as current eye make up trends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeni Giles

Reaction score
We are to the make up application section of our course, not such a bad place to be, I usually enjoy showing the students the different effects that can be done with the use of colors. Some of the girls are willing to try out different techniques, others it is like pulling teeth out of a chicken.....

For what ever reason, the old tried and true "smokey eye" is still the popular favorite, but good grief, I'm a little tired of it! Are the current UK trends still leaning toward the smokey look with heavy black liner? Is it time yet to move to a more subtle look, especially for a maturing client?

I've always appreciated the OTT makeup, but feel like most of our clients aren't up to wearing that all of the time.

Are you seeing vibrant colors, bright greens, reds, pinks, turquios, purples and shimmers?

What about muted or matte colors? What is the every day average Joe or Jane wearing?

I'd like to think I'm still "with it" when it comes to being able to communicate various trends to my students, but I'd like to make sure. Personally, I am leaning toward a more natural look, I'll still get a little funky now and again but for an everyday look, I'm sticking with earthy tones, deep greens, browns and cream colors. What do you all see happening?

me (and a lot of other girls) are clashing matt colours, my current fave is a matt lime green with a matt cerise pink - but just 'dusted' on the lids as opposed to full-on coco the clown!

glitters are always cool, I think the more mature ladies still like to stick to pale shimmer pastels, although I prefer to see them in fawns, coffees, and sagey greens, depending on their hair and skin colours, as I think that pale mature skin with pale mature hair and a pale goldy pink eyeshadow makes them look like a bowl of porridge lol

whats popular where you are right now? i dont wear lipstick, do you? I prefer a slick of balm xx

Popular right now, heavy black liner and shadow near the lash line and usually all the way around the eye- some what racoonish if not done really well or on small eyes. Smoky is by far the trend...it won't go away....

As for lips, I'm a blistex kind of girl, gotta have sunscreen, burn peel freckle, repeat...lips included. I used to do the whole lip liner and lipstick business but if I want to kiss my boys, I have to be plain...they complain about the blistex but at least it's clear, leaves no lip marks!

I dont do make-up im just going along with what eye-shadows i use and which colours i really like the brown eyes with a darker brown along with a lighter brown.Im also a big fan of bold red eyeshadow. Hths :hug:

I've noticed a lot of coloured eye liners, blue, green etc. I think they look lovely and can be nicer than using eye shadow which looks to heavy on smaller eyes sometimes...

Experiment with Pinks, Purples, Greens and Blues....that what seems to be in around London....the colours look amazing and don't have to look OTT.

Well my 13 year old and all her mates seem to be wearing as much black eyeliner as they can get around their eyes, also some of them wear vibrant blue, green or purple and one or two are very sparkly - and that's just at school!

God I miss the 80's and fushia pink blusher, bright blue eyeshaddow and bright pink lipstick - I was glow in the dark.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back