What are your steps for spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephrae82

Reaction score
Hiya, I was just wondering what steps you do when you have a client in for a spray tan? Do you do full body exfoliating or just a rub down with a body brush or gloves?

I trained with fake bake years ago and other than putting on some barrier cream
In dry areas we never did any other prep to the body. However I've seen a few therapists offer full
Body exfoliation.

hi, i dont do a full body scrub down i just make sure the clients exfoliates atleast 24 hours prior to the tan (i send them a text reminding them)
when they arrive i go through what im going to do, i then apply barrier cream to hands, feet, knees and elbows. then provide them with sticky feet, cap and thongs. after the tan i tell them how to look after thier tan and give them a leaflet :)

I would not do a full body exfoliation as its generally recommended to do exfoliate at least 24 hours before the tan. If you exfoliate immediately before the tan you risk the tan not turning out right.

If you are unsure if the client has exfoliated or is wearing moisturizer, deodorant or similar you can use the Buffwipes which will help to exfoliate and remove any substances and oils that are on the skin but it also works as a pre tan wipe, which means it will neutralize the PH levels for an even tan outcome.

hi, i dont do a full body scrub down i just make sure the clients exfoliates atleast 24 hours prior to the tan (i send them a text reminding them)
when they arrive i go through what im going to do, i then apply barrier cream to hands, feet, knees and elbows. then provide them with sticky feet, cap and thongs. after the tan i tell them how to look after thier tan and give them a leaflet :)

Perfect and for those that prep properly as advised you really cant do better than to have a tub of scuff wipes handy to lightly exfoliate any particularly bad areas ...these are also very handy for wiping the skin where any excessive jewlery has been in contact with the skin...likewise for removing and neutrolising the skin's PH level in areas where perfume or deoderent has been applied

Latest posts

Back