What can I do about my very thin hair and my skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicocacola

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need some advice!

1) my hair is really thin and it looks horrible. I have to wash it everyday because it looks greasy again within about 15 hours. I've attached some photos- these were taken about 12 hrs after washing it.

roots.jpg

d.jpg

r.jpg

What can I do?? I want really nice hair and right now I feel embarrassed to be seen in the light of day!

(I used to use Schwarzkopf Got2B Big Volume Mousse and VO5 Heat Defence Volume Whipped Mousse together after washing my hair, and then hair dry it with a diffuser. Then I would have to straighten it afterwards. This seemed to help a bit but it made my hair really dry.)

2) I'm naturally really pale (a bluish colour) but lately my skin has been breaking out more than usual, so it looks worse and is also painful. I have a combination of oily skin on my forehead and nose and everywhere else is dry.

At the moment my skin care regime is:
In the morning;
*Rinse face with warm water,
*Use Olay Gentle Cleanser Refreshing Face Wash
*Dry face with towel
* Apply Clean&Clear dual action moisturiser all over
At night;
*Have shower and rinse face.
*Apply nivea regenerating night cream before I go to sleep.

I use an Olay scrub before the face wash about 3 times a week.

If anyone has any advice or opinions, I'd be really interested in hearing them! I feel completely clueless because nothing I've tried on my hair or my skin seems to have worked. I would like to try some different products (if that's what you'd recommend).

Thanks!

(Some more info.: I'm 21, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, drink lots of water, wear very little makeup most days, exercise every evening and get at least an hours worth of fresh air everyday. I go to sleep around 11pm and get up 8-9am)

Hi everyone! I need some advice!

1) my hair is really thin and it looks horrible. I have to wash it everyday because it looks greasy again within about 15 hours. I've attached some photos- these were taken about 12 hrs after washing it.

View attachment 34521

View attachment 34522

View attachment 34523

What can I do?? I want really nice hair and right now I feel embarrassed to be seen in the light of day!

(I used to use Schwarzkopf Got2B Big Volume Mousse and VO5 Heat Defence Volume Whipped Mousse together after washing my hair, and then hair dry it with a diffuser. Then I would have to straighten it afterwards. This seemed to help a bit but it made my hair really dry.)

I have fine hair and found that using a decent shampoo and conditioner really sorted my hair, you can't magic up new hair but you can use a good range to help with volume that won't result in dry hair. Go to your hairdressers and get their advice and help. Believe it or not getting out of the daily washing cycle really does help your hair and although it is a bit of a struggle to get started with and you have to go through a few days of greasiness, try reducing hair washing to every second day, then every third. I do think us fine hair people really do need to wash hair more often and I can get away with washing every other day without looking like a chip bag. To be honest I think your hair is lovely and it's not thin, just fine. Got a good shine and looks well.

2) I'm naturally really pale (a bluish colour) but lately my skin has been breaking out more than usual, so it looks worse and is also painful. I have a combination of oily skin on my forehead and nose and everywhere else is dry.

At the moment my skin care regime is:
In the morning;
*Rinse face with warm water,
*Use Olay Gentle Cleanser Refreshing Face Wash
*Dry face with towel
* Apply Clean&Clear dual action moisturiser all over
At night;
*Have shower and rinse face.
*Apply nivea regenerating night cream before I go to sleep.

I use an Olay scrub before the face wash about 3 times a week.

If anyone has any advice or opinions, I'd be really interested in hearing them! I feel completely clueless because nothing I've tried on my hair or my skin seems to have worked. I would like to try some different products (if that's what you'd recommend).

Thanks!

(Some more info.: I'm 21, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, drink lots of water, wear very little makeup most days, exercise every evening and get at least an hours worth of fresh air everyday. I go to sleep around 11pm and get up 8-9am)

Ok so first thing that jumped out at me was the products you are using- they are what's causing the problems. Clean and clear and other cheap products will strip your skin, cause the oil production to go into overdrive and you end up with a mess of dryness and breakouts because of oil/sebum blocking pores. The best thing you will ever do is go to a salon for a facial. I'd recommend dermalogica to get you started, get the skin analysis done and you will get a tonne of help with recommendations. I've always found dermalogica a great place for someone to start with getting proper products and regime in place. It may seem more pricey compared to products like Olay but honestly, the products last you far longer, they are so much better for your skin and you can rest assured that you have the proper routine in place to maintain great skin.

You definitely need a professional skin care product, best thing to do is pop into your local salon for a consultation x

Latest posts

Back