What can I do if I do not get on my level 3?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
hi i posted a thread a few days ago about a problem with my college well ive had so much problem since then apparently some one rang me for a interview i never turned up well no one rang me i then get a 2nd interview it turns out i was in the wrong interview for level 2 i explained they left me sat there for 2 hours! and now been told of another interview date but now that looks like it has not been arranged properly because a course leader rang me after then and left a voice mail asking me to contact them regarding my level 3 i am getting to the point of giving up , well its really getting to me now as i really don't think they will have me for my level 3 and also feeling unsupported and like they do not know how to run the place and just feeling like i cant take much more professionalism from a so called place to learn and i feel so upset as i so want to do it, i have so much passion for hairdressing i want to learn all about colour correction etc and if i don't get on this level 3 i will be so devastated honestly, if i don't get on my level 3 is this the end to my passion and my future career ?
any advice please

Do you work in a salon?

I posted to you the other day and said about private training providers. They are government funded like a college for people up to the age of 24 so they may be worth a try?

If you apply to Philips Hair Academy you will need to be working in a salon but i'm not sure about Dimensions Training Solutions. I would give them both a ring, you have nothing to lose.

:)

Do you work in a salon?

I posted to you the other day and said about private training providers. They are government funded like a college for people up to the age of 24 so they may be worth a try?

If you apply to Philips Hair Academy you will need to be working in a salon but i'm not sure about Dimensions Training Solutions. I would give them both a ring, you have nothing to lose.

:)
if i contact them then will they be able to advise at the moment i am on a work placement at my friends salon i go 3 days a week, that phillips hair academy sounds fantastic but did not they offer funding as i could not see anything online so if they defiantly do i will try both :)

Last edited:
i read your last thread regarding the difficulty you were having with your college.

i would seriously look at going to another college for your level 3, even if it does mean a bit more travel. you want to be in an environment where you feel supported and the staff are willing to believe in you.

hopefully being in leeds, you will have more than one college you can go to.

hope it works out for you!

if i contact them then will they be able to advise at the moment i am on a work placement at my friends salon i go 3 days a week, that phillips hair academy sounds fantastic but did not they offer funding as i could not see anything online so if they defiantly do i will try both :)

but there all for apprentices unfortunately im not on one im just volunteering and because im 23 im finding it hard to find one because of my age x

Just bumping this up x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Not sure if Barnsley college is too far for you to travel. They r doing nvq level 3, you can do this full time or part time. And I know the evening part time do you not need a placement. The part time one is Mondays 10 in morning till 9.

Hi any info would be good to as I carnt get on my level 3 in Wolverhampton and I'm stuck at what I can do now any ideas please

Hi any info would be good to as I carnt get on my level 3 in Wolverhampton and I'm stuck at what I can do now any ideas please

At least im not alone lol its so frustrating x

Have read your last post. This is awful, I can't believe and don't think that the reasons they are giving you for not getting on to the course are valid or legal! Discrimination comes to mind. But I have to say I had difficulty getting on to my level 3 as when I did it you had to be qualified for a year and built a client base first, then after this you had to do key skills and pass the first part of that before they let you continue, unfortunately I didn't pass that first bit so was told I had to go to another college to do adult numeracy this put me back another year, however I stuck at it did what the asked of me and now it's been 3 years since I finished and now looking into becoming assessor. Honestly it is worth it. And don't let anyone put you off because they are incompetent at their job my key skills tutor was terrible and had all the answers wrong so therefor I had to go do special extra lessons?! Stupid. But I'm glad I stuck at it, it will all come good in the end.

Also I am in Wolverhampton too who is it you have been speaking with and why aren't they letting you on the course? They are normally quite easy going with letting people continue now days x

Have read your last post. This is awful, I can't believe and don't think that the reasons they are giving you for not getting on to the course are valid or legal! Discrimination comes to mind. But I have to say I had difficulty getting on to my level 3 as when I did it you had to be qualified for a year and built a client base first, then after this you had to do key skills and pass the first part of that before they let you continue, unfortunately I didn't pass that first bit so was told I had to go to another college to do adult numeracy this put me back another year, however I stuck at it did what the asked of me and now it's been 3 years since I finished and now looking into becoming assessor. Honestly it is worth it. And don't let anyone put you off because they are incompetent at their job my key skills tutor was terrible and had all the answers wrong so therefor I had to go do special extra lessons?! Stupid. But I'm glad I stuck at it, it will all come good in the end.

Also I am in Wolverhampton too who is it you have been speaking with and why aren't they letting you on the course? They are normally quite easy going with letting people continue now days x

I dont know they just seem to be making difficult for me, my tutor now has put a bad proggesion form in for me my attendance overall is 83.3 % and 3 other women have lower or the same as me yet they have got on , my friend who i made on the course said she thinks the reason why they have been ok is because they will speak up come out with some sob story and just be louder about it where as i am not id rather not make a big deal out of it, and nobody else can be bothered to get a salon placement they have stated they do not see the point, yet i have 2 salon placements i have childcare in place etc and i think this is what is getting me down because i just feel like for some reason they are against me, one of the salons i do placement at have said they cant understand why because im very enthusiastic and reliable, i do reasearch all the time hairdressing now is my life, maybe they dont like this i dont know just confuessed x

I dont know they just seem to be making difficult for me, my tutor now has put a bad proggesion form in for me my attendance overall is 83.3 % and 3 other women have lower or the same as me yet they have got on , my friend who i made on the course said she thinks the reason why they have been ok is because they will speak up come out with some sob story and just be louder about it where as i am not id rather not make a big deal out of it, and nobody else can be bothered to get a salon placement they have stated they do not see the point, yet i have 2 salon placements i have childcare in place etc and i think this is what is getting me down because i just feel like for some reason they are against me, one of the salons i do placement at have said they cant understand why because im very enthusiastic and reliable, i do reasearch all the time hairdressing now is my life, maybe they dont like this i dont know just confuessed x

If its something you really want to achieve then nows the time to speak up about it! Don't let it slip away that easily argue your case to someone above them, put it in writing to the principal and see what else can be done.

It's clearly not fair what they're doing and I'm sure if the 'higher heads' knew your explanations they'd work something out

Speak up and earn your place if it's something you want so bad, I think you will regret it if you leave it knowing you could have done more yourself xx

If its something you really want to achieve then nows the time to speak up about it! Don't let it slip away that easily argue your case to someone above them, put it in writing to the principal and see what else can be done.

It's clearly not fair what they're doing and I'm sure if the 'higher heads' knew your explanations they'd work something out

Speak up and earn your place if it's something you want so bad, I think you will regret it if you leave it knowing you could have done more yourself xx

I have tried so much but its immpossible to talk to any one, its just really poor i mean even there ofsted report is the same im going to try again monday xx

I had trouble with level 3. When I first qualified, I continued straight onto the level 3 course. However, I felt I wasn't learning anything new, just proving what I could already do. In the end, I quit and went to work full time in my first salon. I learnt so much more from being around people who had been qualified much longer than I had. After a couple of years, I used a company called GP skills who assess you in your salon. So I could gain the knowledge needed from the other staff I worked with. For me, this was the best way of doing it.

Hope this helps!

I have spoke to loads of people at the college and no one helps me I have continually asked to have a appointment for interview but nothin ever comes out of it this is my second year of trying to get on and I haven't had any help yet I haven't had a interview or any appointment to come in so it looks like this will be my 2nd year of not going on level 3 I'm so fed up

I have spoke to loads of people at the college and no one helps me I have continually asked to have a appointment for interview but nothin ever comes out of it this is my second year of trying to get on and I haven't had any help yet I haven't had a interview or any appointment to come in so it looks like this will be my 2nd year of not going on level 3 I'm so fed up

I saw your other thread about getting on to level 3.

I hope this doesn't dishearten you too much...but...

I think it's worth saying - from my experience, that late August is really late to be applying. Most of the hairdressing courses at my college are booked up by the end of June.

When did you start applying?

I'm doing my NVQ2 this year, after finishing my VRQ2 and enrolled first week of July. I only finished my last course on 20 June.

I don't know about your colleges in your area, but I would think you need to start contacting colleges around April/May time to make sure they are aware of you.

Hope you work something out.

Thanks for reply I have tried to get on since Easter up to now it just seams no one wants to help

Latest posts

Back