What CND polishes for Ladies Pamper/Xmas night?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephR

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have been asked by my sons playschool to hold a table at a ladies pamper/xmas eve at the end of Nov.

I am more than happy to do this as the playgroup has had a very hard time recently (the treasurer stole a lot of money :Scared:) so fundraising is what is keeping the playgroup up and running.

My dilemma is I dont really have many traditional polishes anymore as all my clients go for Shellac.

In the S2 sale i bought the colour and effects 15 pack they were selling off cheap but it all neutral colours so I need to add some nice bold colours for the ladies eve. What ones would you all suggest. Only want to offer 4 or 5. :Love:

Thanks

Steph xx

PS any more advice on holding a stall, layout etc would be greatly appreciated as I haven't done one for a few years! lol :biggrin:

What about getting some nail glitters, base - glitter - top coat. A lady at our school fete did this and charged £3, she made a fortune :) you'd only need a couple of colours and it would save your polishes, of you wanted to use a polish it's an opportunity to use up a less popular pale colour. Good luck.

hia, I've used glitter to create rockstar toes with shellac,
how would you apply it to normal polish? x

She just dipped their fingers in and lightly brushed off the excess, I'd suggest buying a cheaper base and top coat for the job! :)

P,s do yourself a set of rockstars to show how it looks with Shellac, and then you can sing its praises at the same time.

You can't really go wrong with Pinks and Reds, so buy a light and a dark of each if you don't wank to spend too much money.

You could run out and buy the bright Yellows, Greens and Purples and even though they look good on my stand I don't get asked for them very often.

Have a fun night and I hope you meet some new clients!

I've just done a pamper night for a class in my childrens school. The most popular colours (within the gel polish range I use) were black, smokey grey, red, pink & sparkly pewter.

I offered dry manicures with either a gel polish finish or an opi lacquer finish. Out if the 8 Mums I did, 6 had gel while the other 2 (whom had never had any form of a manicure or wear colour on their nails so didn't want anything that lasted 2 to 3 weeks as they weren't 100% they would like it if you know what I mean) had opi lacquer.

Definitely don't take too many colours - they will sat there for ages deciding. And do some samples of the colours you are taking on a colour wheel or sticks. I find all of my clients like testing the colours out against their nails & it makes their decision easier.

Sent from my U8815 using SalonGeek

Hi Steph,
I use Colour & Effects all the time at pamper evenings because they love to see the effects going over. I take limited polished and do colour wheels of every combination, so about two wheels does it. That way I have neutral through to bold on there.

I usually take these so there's a good selection of safe but interesting colours, with a few wild cards. It gives people something to pick up & look at and talk about while you're doing someone else's nails as they don't usually want to start picking your bottles up etc Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350808232.230298.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350808232.230298.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 310
Hi Steph,
I use Colour & Effects all the time at pamper evenings because they love to see the effects going over. I take limited polished and do colour wheels of every combination, so about two wheels does it. That way I have neutral through to bold on there.

I usually take these so there's a good selection of safe but interesting colours, with a few wild cards. It gives people something to pick up & look at and talk about while you're doing someone else's nails as they don't usually want to start picking your bottles up etc Xx
They look lovely :biggrin:

Hi Steph,

Looks brilliant Jess. Could you please pm me what colours you use. Had a look on s2 last night and the colour and effects seem to have shrunk in numbers with several of the ones left out of stock.

I never do traditional polish manis anymore as everyone goes for shellac but can't really offer shellac at a ladies night cause will be pushed for time. I think I will still take the shellac though and do demo nails to try and entice them lol!

Xx

xxx

I use

Frosting cream
Flamingo feather
Tropic coral
Raspberry parfait
Just red
Plum truffle (ltd edition)
Dark amethyst
Oil slick

Effects

Gold shimmer / pearl
Copper shimmer
Ice blue shimmer
Amethyst sparkle

Hth's xxx

Do you have a Konad/Bundle Monster stamping kit with the stamping polishes? Some of the patterns cover quite a lot of the nail so the stamping polishes can also be offered as a color choice.

Do you have a Konad/Bundle Monster stamping kit with the stamping polishes? Some of the patterns cover quite a lot of the nail so the stamping polishes can also be offered as a color choice.

Yes I do have Konad and Bundle monster plates and im toying with the idea of taking them along with me on the night.

Ive just had a look on Ellisons website and I've ordered Tropic coral and raspberry parfait as per Jess' list above! Most of the others were out of stock. Ive got the plum truffle set and the pink wishes set that I bought last year as well as the 15 i got in the sale so just hoping thats enough. If the rumours going around that CND are bringing out a new polish range are true I dont want to go buying too many of the current ones, plus Ive no idea how much I will use them as its all about Shellac for my clients. Ive got a few OPI polishes and a few China Glaze ones so might take those with me just so I can offer a range of colours without breaking the bank buying new ones.

xx

I think you'll do fine with what you have. Remember the effects can change colours a lot. I think the rough average selection at these event is between 6-10 as any more and people take forever choosing.

I took my OPI's once, I have 18, and it was such a p.i.t.a. people picking!!

I do advise colours wheels or pops in case you haven't got them yet, they're very tactile & inviting Xx
Enjoy!!

Latest posts

Back