What colour does this look like to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this probably seems like a strange request but could you tell me what colour in L'Orèal this looks like to you?

I've been colouring her hair for a long time, and it's taken me a while to get this shade which she absolutely loves... But I would never have guessed what it was if I didn't know ... I'm not gonna keep it secret, I'll tell you all once I get a few replies hahaha!

X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394231982.351815.jpg

I'm basically just trying to prove a point to myself and work out why her hair does what it does haha!

I'm basically just trying to prove a point to myself and work out why her hair does what it does haha!

Is it in dia colour? One colour or a combination?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks like it has either a /42 tone or a /5 but has gone on lighter pieces

Mine fades like this when I have a 4.65 so am thinking a 5.56 sort of combo lol

One mixture applied to roots in majirel and only taken through the ends every 3 or 4 times because we like the way it looks when it fades a little on the midlengths and ends x

I reckon its flatter then that but throws of loads of red from nowhere which is why you are confused. I'd go so far as to say 6.3

Or looking at the ends a /64

Missy106 I'm glad you said that because that's the exact result that we like it to come out as ;) but the colouring mixture is something different, and nearlyme you're getting quite close! :D x

Missy106 I'm glad you said that because that's the exact result that we like it to come out as ;) but the colouring mixture is something different, and nearlyme you're getting quite close! :D x

What with 6.3? Or /64? ..

Getting close with 6.3 ;) x

5.3 x

It probably would have been helpful if I'd mentioned in my original post that her natural colour is between a level 4 and 5 with around 40% white hair x

6.3 is closer than 5.3 ;) x

6.32 or 5.32?

It probably would have been helpful if I'd mentioned in my original post that her natural colour is between a level 4 and 5 with around 40% white hair x

Flat 6

7.3?? Or flat 6 with 20vol.

Is there a 6.13? Or 6.31 in majirel? Am an inoa girl

Ooh you're getting very close ;)
It's equal parts of 6 and 7 in majirel with 20 vol - she absolutely loves the result, it's got that warmth in it from the undercoat where it lifts her natural colour so that's where the red is coming from x

The thing that confuses me is that if I use anything darker than this, it goes black!! (Ok, not "technically" black on a shade chart, but black to most peoples eye! Lol)

I've used 5.35, 6.52 and 6.23 in the past, and I've tried 55/05 wella color touch plus, 5/75 color touch... They all come out like a flat 4!! So 6 & 7 is the way that I achieve this on her hair, after lots of experimenting! Lol x

Latest posts

Back