What did I do wrong?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflydancer

Reaction score
Hiya,

Was just playing around and did a paraffin wax on my mate!!

The wax hardened up within like 2 secs!!

What did i do wrong? Not enough wax or or??

Thanks guys.

x

Well the wax will solidify quickly but it still retains the heat. Did you do 2-3 dips or just one?

Dips??!

Its just when I did the training and have done it before it was nothing like today!

=)

Well what were you using it for .. hands feet?

Normally you dip the client's hands or feet in a parrafin bath 2-3 times.

You can paint on the wax but even then you need to apply 2-3 coats.

What actually were you doing?

The wax is meant to be put on in layers, hence the dipping. If you spread the fingers apart and dip the hand into the wax and remove, the layer will start to solidify within seconds, then dip it again, and again.

Now, in my parts, due to sanitation regulations, we are not allowed to dip a client into a paraffin bath, we have to apply the paraffin in an alternate way.

I choose a disposable paint brush. I dip a clean cup into the wax, place a plastic liner bag onto my clients hand or foot, and 'paint' layers of wax. I cover the warm wax with the liner and slip the hand or foot into a terry cloth mitt or bootie.

I leave them for 5-10 minutes and then remove. The wax is hard and slides off like a glove or sock.

Hope that helps.

The wax is meant to be put on in layers, hence the dipping. If you spread the fingers apart and dip the hand into the wax and remove, the layer will start to solidify within seconds, then dip it again, and again.

Now, in my parts, due to sanitation regulations, we are not allowed to dip a client into a paraffin bath, we have to apply the paraffin in an alternate way.

I choose a disposable paint brush. I dip a clean cup into the wax, place a plastic liner bag onto my clients hand or foot, and 'paint' layers of wax. I cover the warm wax with the liner and slip the hand or foot into a terry cloth mitt or bootie.

I leave them for 5-10 minutes and then remove. The wax is hard and slides off like a glove or sock.

Hope that helps.

This is what i do

No i dont dip either.

I paint it on!! I was just amazed today how quick it changed!! Literally as i put it in my bowl to start painting it was changing within seconds.

I prefer to paint on rather than dip!! I do the same as you guys.

Thanks. =)

Butterfly hun you will find that it does harden quickly as it is exposed to the cool air ,the paraffin wax also starts to set when you transfer it from the pot into a bowl..you have to be quick when painting it on..so in my opinion it doesn't look like you have done anything wrong ....HTH

Hiya,
you didn't do anything wrong hun, as long as the treatment worked that's ok. There are many different factors that could have made the wax solidify. When I do paraffin waxes I find that the time it takes for the wax to set differs greatly. :)

Oh okay!!

Thanks guys!! I am off to do another one now so I hope it will go back to normal.

Just outta interest what do you guys use to clean it, at the mo I am just using what comes in the kit! =)

I have a little singular paraffin wax caddy pot , all i do is put enough in to last me the treatment(depend on how many clients want it),then after wards i just discard the wax ,scrape out the remains that are hardened to the pot,clean it with warm soapy water inside and use mundo disinfectant foam to really clean it inside & outside & leave to dry.

Everyone is trained differently on cleaning pots ect..Just clean it the way you have been trained to and if your happy using the solution that came with your kit then you have no problems.

Latest posts

Back