what did u do for maternity leave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i am a mobile self employed nail tech and 4 months pregnant!

just wondered what peoples experience was for maternity leave when your self emloyed? i know i am entitled to maternity allowance but how did u find your clients coped when u had leave.

i would like 6 months off ideally, i know someone else who does nails but she will not be able to take all my clients on.

so what has everyone else done? i will be working part time hopefully after the 6 months so i do need to 'lose' some clients along the way but just want some advice.

thanks!

congratulations! You are allowed 10 days 'keep in touch days' they call it, where you can work without affecting your maternity allowance, anything over the 10 days you have to let Inland Revenue know. Its not a lot but may help you. However if you are anything like I was its sooo hard turning people away when they call you'll probably end up working far more than you had planned! Good luck x

i am also pregnant and althought i would get mat pay from paying my ni contributions, i am only taking 2-4 weeks off as i dont want to loose clients, i will be changing my hrs so they fit around my hubbys work so that one of us is always available for the baby! x

Latest posts

Back