What do mobile stylists do while colour is taking??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bri84

Reaction score
I am just starting out my own mobile hairdressing business, and I was just wondering wot all you other mobile hairdressers do while a colour is taking or when a shampoo and set is under the dryer? Do you sit and wait or do you go somewhere and then come back? :)

Always sit and wait . Its not worth taking the chance that one of the packets might leak, or bleach goe too bright . most clients are happy to sit and chat or put the telly on . ive only once been left in the kitchen with nothing to do while the client went to her office , and i just got on and planned my diary

Wait with the clients. They usually offer you a drink at that point and have a chat and get to know you if they dont already.

You could always do a basic manicure course and then you would have something to offer them while your products did their work,
and earn a bit extra too,
other than that hun it is a big no no to leave clients if they have chemicals waiting to take,
its different in a salon as you would only be a few feet away, hth :hug:

Hi Bri,
Check things are in place , eg:
Make sure the water is hot enough for shampooing , check your towels combs brushes rollers blow dry lotions laquer and all equipment is out and ready,
and watch any kiddies dont touch them ,

look for the safest power point to plug in your dryer
so it wont trail wires across the floor

check where you are going to cut the clients hair ,
check and verify how she wants it cut ,

then when she is under the dryer
do your tidying up wash out bowls brushes of colour ect and put everything away in bags in a safe place
so no one can trip on them so you will be all ready for going ,

but always stay and keep an eye on your client :hug:

thanks for all your advice guys, I thought it would be best to stay with the client, just thought i would see wot everyone else does. xx

im still training but i hardly leave my clients alone as i like to know if they ever need anything and if everything is ok for them...i guess maybe you could take a magazine and read it while waiting but if a colour is taking i usually talk to my clients and make them feel welcome and at ease i talk to everyone as if ive known them years lol

x

Latest posts

Back