What do you do when half your team defects to another salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi daydreams01,
I have spoken to both members of staff after receiving their emails and the answer to your question is no. The driving factor was money other than that there were no major issues. Apparently the new salon they are defecting to is prepared to pay them as "self employed" with no tax or ni deductions despite not being registered. They knew that I would not be prepared to do that. I asked about concerns, they didn't really raise anything of any substance. The two remaining staff I have have been great, one is part time and has offered to go full time until replacement staff are recruited and the other is already full time but is calling al her her old colleagues that she trained with to see if anyone's looking. One of her colleagues has already called us for a trade test. There was no discord it was financial . I can accept that staff are on a career ladder but my main issue is the lack of professionalism in not providing a months notice.
ITS WISE TO REMEMBER EVERYONE YOU STEP ON ON THE WAY UP WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU ON THE WAY DOWN!

You can bet that 5 months down the line, they might realise being employed with all the benefits that brings such as regular income, hol pay etc aren't so bad after all and self employed isn't bringing in the big bucks they think it will as I doubt they will have a ready made clientele waiting for them! Seems like they want it all handed to them on a plate and aren't prepared to do the hard work entailed in building up a regular column. Hairdressing is a small world and I always think its important to leave somewhere on good terms, you never know when you might need those contacts or want to go back! I think your well rid!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

*Seems like they want it all handed to them on a plate and aren't prepared to do the hard work entailed in building up a regular column.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Very very true. There are a lot of therapists out there who want it handed on a plate. They see the salon bringing in the money in and they think its that easy, that you just have to be there/exist to get the clients. They dont understand or have any idea of the hard work behind the scenes that goes on. But its not just happening in beauty/hair, it happens in all professions. I blame the media.

Sounds to be honest there better gone now than later... If your business is in Croydon with all the things going on in town your business could flourish quickly and then they could be the ones thinking darn wish I hadn't gone.

Good luck this could mean you end up with better staff

Latest posts

Back