What do you let your Saturday girl do please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanettes

Reaction score
Hi,

Any advice appreciated on how you get your saturday girl to help (14 years of age). Are you insured separately, can she have basic in-house training please? I have a really eager 14 year old in mind - she lives and breathes make-up, nail painting, etc. and I feel her enthusiasm would be ideal - but I don't want to bore her?

Hoping to get some replies, thanks.

Jes x

I dont have any experiences in this but one of my clients has her daughter come in to help on saturdays as she is also so keen and is also the same age. She has got her to work the reception to get a feel of the place, the working of it all and also an idea of how long each treatment takes etc. I think this is good to get there confidence up too. It also leaves them time to maybe watch treatments and how there done

Hi Penny,
Thanks for your reply. I tried a girl last year who, although she had her NVQ 2, just didn't have the enthusiasm and chose to work in the local supermarket.
This girl just beautifies herself all the time at home and I just wondered if I could get her to do anything other than meet, greet and clean (ouch!).
I didn't know if I could get some kind of insurance that would let me give her inhouse training on painting nails, shellac, minx.
Any more ideas most welcome and thanks again.
Jes x

when I was a Saturday girl (long time ago since I was 14), I did do all the boring cleaning and watching treatments but it was good learning, although I hated it at 14 I was just a cheap slave.
On the saturday when we closed up we all painted each others nails and did hair for the night out. I loved it and they were amazed at my french polish and I always got to do the other girls, yeah they were using me but I loved it, I was all great experience and always got lots of tips and advice.
I never got to do anything on clients until I had finished a unit

Thank you Carla - it didn't do you any harm waiting your time in the background - I see you went on tutor. Love your nail album by the way. x

Thank you Carla - it didn't do you any harm waiting your time in the background - I see you went on tutor. Love your nail album by the way. x

No it certainly didn't lol. Yes I am now a tutor and love it, thank you for the comments.
I think it will be down to the individual tho as I had a lot of quite frankly annoying Saturday and work placement girls. I often wanted to shake them :) one was an absolute nightmare she would sit texting her boyfriend, give ridiculous stories as to why she was late. I first gave staff meetings where I would address her problems, then directly tell her. Then actually warn her then I asked her leave but Some will be destined to be good therapists/ stylists and will be so cooperative and appreciative and that's when you've hit the jackpot and have less stress. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back