What do you think of this salon name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue1971

Reaction score
Taking small steps to opening up my new beauty salon. What do you think of the name Reem beauty! I wanted something quirky to match my personality! I did initially have bang tidy, until a man said it sounded like a dodgy massage parlour! What do you think of Reem? Any other ideas would be appreciated thanks x

Taking small steps to opening up my new beauty salon. What do you think of the name Reem beauty! I wanted something quirky to match my personality! I did initially have bang tidy, until a man said it sounded like a dodgy massage parlour! What do you think of Reem? Any other ideas would be appreciated thanks x

Do you think it might become a bit out-dated ... possibley ... maybe?? :cool:

How about D-Reem Beauty

Last edited:
Yes, now I have thought about it I think you may be right there that in 10yrs (if I'm still trading!!) it will sound daft!
Thanks for the honest reply x

What does Reem refer to? When I was younger in Australia, to be "reemed" was very rude. it was something someone did to you from behind. I won't go any further but it would certainly put me off! :wink2:

Sorry but hate it total fad name and no one will know what it means in ten years (sorry)

...sounds abit chavvy...not somewhere id go into...sorry :/ xx

It might just be ok in certain areas now but I don't think it will in the future, naming a business is so hard! You thinks you've to it but then it all falls down.

Xx

i think its cute, but defo a fad name,

it will make it hard for you to get the kind of clientelle needed, rather than just vazazzles!!

What does Reem refer to? When I was younger in Australia, to be "reemed" was very rude. it was something someone did to you from behind. I won't go any further but it would certainly put me off! :wink2:

Same meaning here in Scotland....I was a bit :eek: and :o when I read that as a potential business name !

Reem? Meaning what? I don't get it!

There is a salon round my way called Reem, they do hair and beauty hun. Good luck with your naming though! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Reminds me of TOWIE.

When I was looking for a name for my mobile business I wrote down a few things I thought about my self, personality wise, skills etc and looked at names that were already around the area I lived.

I then asked my hubby to do the same and any that matched was on the short list . Good luck with what ever you decide on naming your salon it's a tough choice to make xx

sorry i agree with the others .. a little chavvy and will deffo become out-dated
will only attract certain type of client i think - but if thats the clientele you're trying to cater for why not offer a seperate *reem* beauty menu for the younger audience and have fun naming your treatments or packages after the characters etc in the tv prog im assuming you got the idea from

Ahh thanks all for the great responses. Definitely not going to use that name! Back to the drawing board again !! What a nightmare this is!

Any chance you can explain what REEM beauty means (I also only know the X rated meaning!)

I honestly didn't realise there was a rude meaning!! Mortified now! I just meant the word used by joey Essex in townie. He uses the word to mean cool, gorgeous, words to that effect x

here is a link to a site that has a list of different meanings for the word beautful.

Synonyms for Beautiful | Ego Dialogues

you could see if you like any of those with "beauty"

p.s. I personally like "Ravishing Beauty" ;)

Reem\ (r?m), n. [Heb.] (Zo["o]l.) The Hebrew name of a horned wild animal, probably the Urus.

???

I honestly didn't realise there was a rude meaning!! Mortified now! I just meant the word used by joey Essex in townie. He uses the word to mean cool, gorgeous, words to that effect x

I'm still non the wiser, so I would say it's definitely not a good idea.

Latest posts

Back