What do you think this could be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanaxBeauty

Reaction score
182388_10150831499631773_638766772_9855200_1080260417_n.jpg
I had a client send this through this morning asking for my opinion, the last service i performed on her hands was an acrylic removal and finished with a color mani 3-4 weeks ago. I have seen her since for waxing in which she had removed the color a replaced with a blue polish, she is coming in this afternoon so i can have a look, but i'm not sure at the moment, she does have severely dry skin around her fingers which sometime even looks sore, i am swaying possibly towards psoriasis? but the blue, i know would usually indicate circulatory problems? could it be a combination of the both just pop up (she said she noticed no more than 5 days ago) . The only other thing i can add is that she started using solar oil a week ago. Allergic reaction perhaps? I guess i would like to know if you think this is as a result to my work because as you can see the nail i was working on, which is growing out, is perfectly healthy considering it is recovering from months of wear with acrylics.

A respond would be highly appreciated, even just opinions, I am swaying towards, lightly buffing the nail to rule out staining, then possibly suggesting a visit to the doctors. Then again I am apprehensive to touch her nails at all in this condition incase I cause further damage. I have told her to stop the use of solar oil for the time being also. Just to be on the safe side.

The picture really isn't clear but it looks to be just polish staining, nothing a light buffing wouldn't remove. It just has to grow out and she has to make sure to use a base coat (I'm guessing she didn't when she applied the blue, hence why the nail is blue in certain areas)

could be staining from polish, dark colours usually cause it from what I've seen. using lemon juice can remove the stains, my tutor told me that tip & it works.:biggrin: x

Ok thanks, it was my first assumption, but the I can't figure out why it hasn't stained the ends and the mark of where I treated her nails last is still visibly clear and healthy. Will let you know when I see her.

Ok thanks, it was my first assumption, but the I can't figure out why it hasn't stained the ends and the mark of where I treated her nails last is still visibly clear and healthy. Will let you know when I see her.

Simple ... The nail has stained on the part of the nail plate that was damaged. When I say damaged I mean buffed and dehydrated and therefore naturally more porous after the protective mantle was removed.

Latest posts

Back