What do you think to my new site?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjane13

Reaction score
Hi
I have just built a new website and wondered if people would be kind enough to take a look and give me some honest feedback.
I am not easily offended so please say what you really think.

It is: http://www.hairaddict.co.uk

Thanks
Sarah

Looks great, really professional - well done and good luck with it all :lol:

Hi
Thanks for your comments.
I have added it to google maps but it doesn't show yet, I'm guessing it might take a while!
Thanks
Sarah

That looks like rather cheeky search engine optimisation on your site map page - they all say "Mobile hair extensions in Sheffield South Yorkshire" - which kind-of defeats the object of a site map, as it's meant to be a page where people can easily find all the pages on your site - and if they're all called "Mobile hair extensions in Sheffield South Yorkshire" then they'll probably be none the wiser - which is very poor from an accessibility point of view.

But I do like the photos on your site - I'm assuming they're either your own work, legally purchased stock photos, or otherwise images that you have permission to use - if not, then beware of the copyright police - you may be in for a nasty surprise and a bill for several hundred pounds in damages if you use photos without permission, especially if they are owned by a big company like Getty or Corbis.

Hi

The site map is going to go and to be honest I know nothing about search engine optimisation so I doubt I will ever come up in google.
I was told to make all of the page names say the same though and include the words hair extensions sheffield which is why they are in the sitemap like that.
The photos are purchased from an online stock photo company so no fear of getting a bill!

Thanks
Sarah

Hi

The site map is going to go and to be honest I know nothing about search engine optimisation so I doubt I will ever come up in google.
I was told to make all of the page names say the same though and include the words hair extensions sheffield which is why they are in the sitemap like that.
The photos are purchased from an online stock photo company so no fear of getting a bill!

Thanks
Sarah

Ah that's OK - there are lots of really dodgy search engine optimisation companies out there who will cold call you, blind you with science, and then charge you megabucks for a load of bull - so definitely best avoided LOL!!!

Sitemaps are generally superfluous unless you have a really big site anyway - if you design your navigation right (so that the navigation on each page can get you to every other page on the site - which you have anyway) then there's really not much need for them.

Well done for legally purchasing your images too :)

Ironically, I've actually found that one of the best things you can do for SEO is to just write proper English for your site text - instead of a load of artifical keyword phrases or whatever.

Things that work well are mentioning the names of areas that are within easy reach of your salon (as well as the area that your salon is in itself), as then people searching for salons in those other areas will also find your site coming up in the search results - and making sure you mention the names of products that you use, particularly if they are "prestige" brands.

When writing your treatment menus, it's also good to add a description for each treatment (where relevant) as well as just the name of the treatment and the price. As well as providing extra food for the search engines, it also gives more information about each treatment to potential clients - particularly if worded in such a way to make the client really want and desire the treatment.

Thanks for the advice Ruth!
Following your question about the photos I have just gone and signed in at stockexpert (where I bought the images from) and there are none of the photo's I bought and downloaded stored in my account. I've just emailed them to ask why and how I could prove I had paid for them if asked.
I have the invoice for buying 10 credits, but nothing to say which images I bought! Rather strange!
Sarah

Thanks for the advice Ruth!
Following your question about the photos I have just gone and signed in at stockexpert (where I bought the images from) and there are none of the photo's I bought and downloaded stored in my account. I've just emailed them to ask why and how I could prove I had paid for them if asked.
I have the invoice for buying 10 credits, but nothing to say which images I bought! Rather strange!
Sarah

How weird is that! Hope you get it sorted with them - at least the invoice for 10 credits should count for something!

I've just had a good rummage around the site and it mentions having 3 hours from buying them to download them so it might be somthing to do with that.
I'll wait to see what they say! I bought them about two months ago so who knows!
Sarah

Hi
I have just built a new website and wondered if people would be kind enough to take a look and give me some honest feedback.
I am not easily offended so please say what you really think.

It is: Mobile hair extensions in Sheffield South Yorkshire

Thanks
Sarah
Nice work sarah. i would later add some e products referring to your services and maybe a little video of the procedure or before and after you have done
cheers

Latest posts

Back