What do you use to do your nail art, product wise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndseysland

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am practicing my nail art and getting into it although it's quite Basic at the moment. I would like to know what you all use for your creations?

I currently do use my IBD Just Gel or Nubar Gelicure over my colour to create the patterns/art, then float the clear top coat over the top. Sometimes if I don't have the right colour in gel polish, I use regular nail varnish for the art then float the gel polish top coat over. Is this the best way? Or are the specific nail art paints you can buy? Also do I need to wipe off the inhibition layer off my Gel polish colour before doing my art or leave it on?

Also I've seen these powders you can buy in all sorts of colours that you run into the inhibition layer, are hey any good?

Thank you in advance!

Hiya there are no hard and fast rules with nail art, what ever produces the results that you and your client are happy with will be good.

I use CND Shellac and use that for the very little art that I do, as I'm not very good at it. I usually work on the tacky layer then top coat.

I think the powders you refer to are additives/glitter, they are usually applied to the tacky layer of any gel polish to change the colour or texture then top coated.

Check out you tube, there is an amazing amount of tutorials about additives and art work, to name a few....Sarah R, Stephanie Rowlands, Devine by Design, Nails By Shannon, Liverpool Lashes and Fingernail Fixer. HTH x

Latest posts

Back