What do you use to sanitise your instruments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baglady70

Reaction score
and sterilise at home or mobile for eyelash extensions

tweezers etc

where do you buy from

BL

This is a sterilising liquid that you can sit your stainless steel instruments in it kills bacteria. You can buy it from suppliers like beauty express or ellisons. A uv cabinet is another way of sterilising equipment.

A UV cabinet does not sterilise. Below extract from a post by Envy on this topic.

In most cases nail technicians should only need to disinfect to a hospital grade (as we do not perform invasive or surgical proceedures. I've added below a summary of what each means to you as a nail tech.

Sanitation - greatly reduces the number of pathorgens or bacteria on a surface
The first form of sanitation is a good ol clean with soap and water, this should be followed up with a good hand sanitiser, such as cool blue

Disinfection - kills all pathogens on a surface and is almost as effective as steralisation
This is the highest level a nail tech should (generally speaking) need in a salon (although local laws may override and require steralisation at certain items) A hospital grade hard surface disinfectant is required to disinfect all hard surfaces, abrasives and impliments between clients. (of course follow the manufacturers guidelines) For a disinfectant to be effective everything must be sanitised (cleaned) first. You can not disinfect yourself or your client as it kills living organisms

Steralisation - Completely destroys all liveing organisms on an object or surface, including fungal spores.
The easiest way to steralise is to use an auto clave, obviously this is only effective on metal impliments as it would destroy most near everything else. Steralisation is generally only required where bodily fluids or blood are present.

I would strongly recommend you invest in additional training materials or a reference book such as Doug Schoons Nail structure and product chemistry (edition 2)

I use mundo rapid Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant - mundo professional - for a healthy environment

If at home, you can buy lovely jars to pop your liquid in and then stick your tools in after use.

I'm mobile and (this may sound a little unorthodox!) i use a tall hot dog jar, thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. And pop my tools in that after use. It has a good sealing lid and is tall enough to hold my pushers etc. I wait eagerly for someone to bring out a pretty, good sealing pot like this that i can pop in my beauty case and not worry about it coming undone on the journey between clients!

I use the whole Mundo range for my salon hygiene.
I love it, and they are great because they all are medical grade products.
I would also recommend Rapid Instrument Disinfectant.

Jade danielle x

I use Mundo solution too and like MissOwen I use a tall glass jar with a screw top. Mine was a jar of asparagus but you would never know with the label removed! Oh I'm mobile too :) Mundo is so economical, you only need to change it every 5days compared to Barbicide which is every 24hrs.

Glass bead steriliser

The only way to sterilize tools is an autoclave, I think x

Latest posts

Back