What EE glue are the experienced geeks using? (again)!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
OK, I know this has been covered before but things change and new products are coming on to the market all the time.

What glue are you all currently using. Is there anything new you would recommend?

You all know I'm a flirties girl but thought it was maybe time I tried something else as I think it's important we ensure we are always using the best products available for our clients. The only way to do this is to continually try new products.

OK, I know this has been covered before but things change and new products are coming on to the market all the time.

What glue are you all currently using. Is there anything new you would recommend?

You all know I'm a flirties girl but thought it was maybe time I tried something else as I think it's important we ensure we are always using the best products available for our clients. The only way to do this is to continually try new products.

Hey hun, I would really like to know this too, as Iv posted before, Iv had 2 Flirties bottle tops snap off on me and I know this has happened to other geeks, from what I hear not many people are getting much joy from Wow Factor in resolving the problem, may be it is time to change?????

REALLY???? That is so strange as it is that very problem that has prompted my to think about changing!

I have also had this problem with 2 bottles but when I contacted them they said no one else had this problem and maybe it was something I was doing! Their customer service has always been great so I hope I can get it resolved.

However, I still think it is important to keep trying new things so will look forward to hearing what other glues you are all using
xx

oooh thats strange, i have had loads of bottles but never had that happen to me, maybe it was a faulty batch of lids? try calling and seeing if they can help you out as i have never had a problem with them thats really strange, where have the bottles broke?

For the record i have tried other adhesives and for me flirties wins everytime.

Yep same with me flirties all the way and I've never had a problem with lids snapping. :biggrin:

I've never had the top of a bottle snap either and had quite a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I rave about www.lashbase.co.uk they do really good lash glue I think it's by kiss lashes or something similar also lashes etc are reasonably priced and they deliver the next day!!x

I use xflex from ilash. They will be at the beauty show on Sunday where they will be presenting this new glue. It's fab. Returns have been excellent and it dries really quick :biggrin:

Caz and Bonkers

I think you're both flirties trainers? Do you know if it's possible to buy just the lids? I'd be more than happy to do that as I DO love the glue.

Angelina,

might give your recommendation a try meantime to see how it compares.

thanks

I'm not sure if you can but just a kid it's such a shame to stop using an adhesive just because of this problem try the office again maybe they can send you a spare lid. I might start keeping my spare lids now just in case of something like this I never thought about, it is strange the lids are breaking.

I'm not sure if you can but just a kid it's such a shame to stop using an adhesive just because of this problem try the office again maybe they can send you a spare lid. I might start keeping my spare lids now just in case of something like this I never thought about, it is strange the lids are breaking.

Thanks. x

Another geek has actually pm'd me a link for a company that does little empty bottles. (Thanks for that)

I've emailed the office and am just waiting to hear back from them.

I still use the LASH #1 glue and have done for years ... but then I am biased :p

Thanks everyone.

I haven't heard back from Flirties yet but have ordered a new glue to try so will see how I go with that. It's just a bit of a pain to start patch testing all my exisiting clients again.

Any advice on the best way to do this?

Should I get them in for a patch test and do a few lashes (as I do with new clients). Or is there an easier way?

It's just that not all of my clients are local so I don't want to inconvenience them any more than necessary.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

I haven't heard back from Flirties yet but have ordered a new glue to try so will see how I go with that. It's just a bit of a pain to start patch testing all my exisiting clients again.

Any advice on the best way to do this?

Should I get them in for a patch test and do a few lashes (as I do with new clients). Or is there an easier way?

It's just that not all of my clients are local so I don't want to inconvenience them any more than necessary.

Any suggestions?

At their next infill do 1 or 2 lashes on each eye with the new glue and the rest with your normal glue. It means waiting until the following infill before you can use the new glue on them properly but less of an inconvenience if they're not local.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thanks Tweezerhappy,

I thought of this too (after I had posted) :rolleyes:.
I'll need to make sure I keep all my client records bang up to date so I can remember who's been tested!!

I love flirties glue- tried loads including xflex and really didn't like it- too gloopy, not fast enough and staying power wasn't compatible to others I've used :-(
I've just reordered Flirties glue :)
Incidentally I've never had the bottle top problem (yet!)

me too all tops ok with flirties but i did have the same problem with LP when i used that x

I had the lid of a debonber snap, it was from a different company but it's the same bottle as my flirties glue. Maybe they need to take a look at the bottles there using? I think at the very least they need to be aware that there is a possibility of this happening to their product and acknowledge the fact.

Well I never heard back from Flirties which I was really disappointed about as I've been recommending them on here for ages.

Their customer service has been fab up to now so I'm not sure what's gone wrong this time.

The new glue I'm trying is a completely differerent designe of bottle so I shouldn't have any probs with anything snapping off!! I just hope the glue is good! It's been recommended on here lots of times so we'll see how it compares.........

I have spoken to the adhesive manufacturer about their glue tops sticking and the reply makes sense. The adhesive is activated (mostly) by moisture. If you are in the habit of cleaning your bottle neck before screwing the top on you may be introducing moisture (or some fluid) to the area. This will set of the glue and stick the top to the bottle. Always use a dry cloth to clean the bottle.

Latest posts

Back