What gave you the push to start your own business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this thread

16 years ago I became a trainee nail technician but had wanted to do that when I left school 7 years prior to that!!! For the last 16 years I have worked in ask lots, had home salons, have been on the management and accounting side of things but yearned for my own place, in fact dreamt about it and even had pics of other a slaloms on my computer!!!

18 months ago I did a course with justine crick, CNd ea and everything just clicked for me, she inspired me and made me believe anything was possible, 6 months later and conversations with Gigi rouse and I realised that I really could start implementing my salon ....the rest as they say is history!!!my salon has been open 7 months and is going from strength to strength!! I love getting up in the mornings and I love my days ....yes it's hard work and there have been sleepless nights but I wouldn't change it for the world!!

I trained as a nail tech in 2007 & just did friends & family's nails as I was a health care assistant during the day. I became unemployed & decided to take a position as a blowdry stylist ( I'm a trained hairdresser too ) / nail tech in a local salon. My boss didn't know the first thing about nails (I found out during my whole two weeks of working for her she had done a day course in gel).Her hygiene procedures was less impressive than her nails .so I decided to tell her my standards were high & I didn't believe i could work for her any more as hers were not. So now I am a mobile nail tech by day & two nights a week I am still a health care assistant. In the next couple of years I would love to open a nail bar.😊

I suppose all those horrible mean people we have worked with, made us 'Salon Owners'!!!

It was very difficult at the time but I hope we all have learnt some positive things from it and we are nicer and more appreciative to others, as we now know how much it hurts...

Thought I would bump this up :)

Am a bit differant ive only been doing hair and beauty for a few years, ive never known what I wanted to do, so I raised my family, now it gets to a point in life when you get stuck in a rut and thats exactly where I was, till I found hair and beauty, what made me go for it was a friend from school dying suddenly and she had a lil girl, made me realise i wanted to leave my kids something when i pop me clogs nd I have big dreams which I will turn into reality for my babies (my eldest is 18 lol)

miss Beauty-licious

I had been in a job I hated where I was paid peanuts and treated like sh*t, I was literally depressed everyday ! I made myself a promise at the start of this year to change things so I quit and set up my own salon - I'm only 3 months in and it's not all been plain sailing but I don't regret it for a second!

Latest posts

Back