What happens with a mobile hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyandhair

Reaction score
So I have booked my first appointment in years for next Thursday and I know this sounds silly, but I have severe anxiety which is a reason I haven't been to one in so long and I'm absolutely terrified of what is going to happen and I like to be prepared as best as I can.

So could somebody tell me what happens from start to finish? I have no idea what to expect so any advice would be helpful.

Also, do you wash your hair yourself or does the hairdresser come to the bathroom with you?

I know this seems really silly and irrational but that's anxiety for you.

Thank you :o

Generally a good stylist will look at your hair dry to evaluate natural texture, growth patterns, current style etc and then shampoo for the cut.

I used to do a bit of mobile and I only ever helped to shampoo when they were having colour. Anything else and I let them get on with it themselves :)

Don't panic, it'll be fine :)

What service are you having? If it's just a cut you can shampoo yourself. If it's a colour service they may have a portable basin or they will use a sink to do the shampoo. I have a portable basin but I use it only for chemical services and ask clients to have freshly washed hair for everything other than upstyles which are day before wash.

Thank you for the replies :)

I'm going to be having a full head of highlights and toner.

Latest posts

Back