What I am doing wrong with my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
I had my hair cut and straightened on friday. It was gorgeous and shiny and hung nice and looked good!
Last night I washed it and today its all dry looking, dull, limp and back to how it used to be.

My hair is naturally mousy, but I have blonde highlights. I had all my split ends cut off (I had 2inches cut off the length, it went from bra strap to just below shoulder).

Shampoo, I use tresemme and Vo5 colour, alternated, and I use the corresponding moisture rich conditioners.
I was my hair every 2-3 days, so washed on Sunday night, I'll wash it again Tuesday night.
I never use a hair dryer, I always leave it to dry naturally .

Why did it look so glossy and soft when I left the hairdressers? She used a mositure rish shampoo and some heat defence spray and that was it!

Is there a trick im missing? or can you recommend a product I can easily buy to make my hair look gorgeous again?

Thank you for any help, I feel like ive wasted alot of money to be back to where I was before my cut!

xx

You need to blowdry it because this smooths down the cuticle allowing light to reflect off it. Also, maybe change you shampoo and conditioner to a professional brand, Tresemme stuff isn't very good in my opinion :)

I had my hair cut and straightened on friday. It was gorgeous and shiny and hung nice and looked good!
Last night I washed it and today its all dry looking, dull, limp and back to how it used to be.

My hair is naturally mousy, but I have blonde highlights. I had all my split ends cut off (I had 2inches cut off the length, it went from bra strap to just below shoulder).

Shampoo, I use tresemme and Vo5 colour, alternated, and I use the corresponding moisture rich conditioners.
I was my hair every 2-3 days, so washed on Sunday night, I'll wash it again Tuesday night.
I never use a hair dryer, I always leave it to dry naturally .

Why did it look so glossy and soft when I left the hairdressers? She used a mositure rish shampoo and some heat defence spray and that was it!

Is there a trick im missing? or can you recommend a product I can easily buy to make my hair look gorgeous again?

Thank you for any help, I feel like ive wasted alot of money to be back to where I was before my cut!

xx

This is what youre doing wrong. Your stylist used good quality products on it and smoothed the cuticle by blow drying and ironing. My opinion is that your stylist really should be telling you how to make your hair look "salon great" at home. Go back and ask her what she used, buy it, use it, have happy hair :D
xxxx

Latest posts

Back