What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losing £2.00 on the grand national

Me, hubby and the kids all losing on the grand national. The winner was gonna buy Chinese takeaway so bang goes that and I'm cooking boo :/

I didn't bet on it. It irked me because its gross. And they were showing it on massive screens.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I didn't bet on it. It irked me because its gross. And they were showing it on massive screens.

Me too! Got stick yesterday for not being a team player and refusing to play the office sweepstake too!

Vile event sooner it's banned the better

Me too! Got stick yesterday for not being a team player and refusing to play the office sweepstake too!

Vile event sooner it's banned the better

If only!!

I really enjoy it actually, the changes they've made to it made it much better this year, hardly any fallers & all 40 horses came home safe from the National race itself. If a horse sadly dies or has to be put down, it should be not the organisers fault, it's the trainer & owner for putting the horse into a race that it's not capable to complete.

It'll never be banned, there's too much money involved in it. Plus if you ban that, think of all the other sports where deaths (both animal & human injuries) are a risk, it'll never happen.

I enjoy it to.My mum was a very good horsey woman back on her younger days.Won many competition of all kinds and owns horses still.

It will never be banned.There is risk in show jumping, dressage horses have died in all these avents.

Only fit,strong,fast,good jumpers should be put in the races along with confident riders.

2 horses died this year. Yesterday and the day before.

I believe its around 40 that've died since 2000. That's a horrific number.

One horse died from a heart attack which they have said could have happened if it was being rode at home and one broke it's shoulder which again could have happened if you were galloping in ur field at home and it fell.

My mum gallopes her horses in her filelds I don't think it's cruel of my mum to do do that.I've galloped horses and I don't think it's cruel.

Let's not divert this thread off to the Grand National. Too many threads end up getting into a slanging match and getting shut down and this is a great venting thread :)

It's good to have differing opinions and it's a free country and all that.

That being said nothing anyone says will ever convince me it's anything but cruel (and I know it'll never get banned) - that's just my opinion. Others clearly enjoy it and whatnot.

:D

i'm irked at myself, i'm half a bottle of wine down and am watching Rock of Ages and i'm finding myself strangely attracted to Tom Cruise in it...i normally find him totally repugnant and creepy...i guess alcohol has a lot to answer for...:eek: xxx

Well, i'm not much of a public ranter, although I generally find 50% of all daily occurrences pretty irksome lol.

Here's one that especially irks me:

I've come across, not for the first time, about 5 threads on SG today where someone holds a piece of information and posts a reply offering to pm the OP that piece of information.

Followed by what seems like hundreds of the same response from everyone and their aunt: 'could you pm me too please, or 'i'd like to know too'.

FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOVE OF GOODNESS PEOPLE!

Does anyone really want to check back on threads they find useful or interesting, or the OP come back to find answers to their question only to read a million pages of nothing but 'me too please'?!

Does the offerer of the information have the time or patience to respond to a million requests after trying to be helpful?

If you want a pm from someone, have the decency and common sense to pm them to ask and keep it off the threads!!!

Rant over :)

Well, i'm not much of a public ranter, although I generally find 50% of all daily occurrences pretty irksome lol.

Here's one that especially irks me:

I've come across, not for the first time, about 5 threads on SG today where someone holds a piece of information and posts a reply offering to pm the OP that piece of information.

Followed by what seems like hundreds of the same response from everyone and their aunt: 'could you pm me too please, or 'i'd like to know too'.

FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOVE OF GOODNESS PEOPLE!

Does anyone really want to check back on threads they find useful or interesting, or the OP come back to find answers to their question only to read a million pages of nothing but 'me too please'?!

Does the offerer of the information have the time or patience to respond to a million requests after trying to be helpful?

If you want a pm from someone, have the decency and common sense to pm them to ask and keep it off the threads!!!

Rant over :)

I was irked today by those threads and whilst pm'ing the helpful person I though bloody hell why can't others lol!

A man coming intovthe salon covered in cow s*** and his four yr old son also covered in it! Ugh the smelll!!!!!oh and his wife had nits last time she came in. Ughhhhhh water is plumbed into your house use it!!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek

i'm irked at myself, i'm half a bottle of wine down and am watching Rock of Ages and i'm finding myself strangely attracted to Tom Cruise in it...i normally find him totally repugnant and creepy...i guess alcohol has a lot to answer for...:eek: xxx

:lol::lol::lol:.I best get me bottle of red out because I'm not going to fined sloth from the gooneys remotely attractive until I sink a few :).xxx

:lol::lol::lol:.I best get me bottle of red out because I'm not going to fined sloth from the gooneys remotely attractive until I sink a few :).xxx
hey you guys! i'd normally find Sloth more attractive than Tom Cruise, it must be the leather trousers and eyeliner lol! here's what Sloth actually looked like, a bit of a big hairy bear to keep your steak bakes warm :lol:...off to do the truffle shuffle :lol: xxx

Attachments

• MV5BMTUzNjQ3MDY0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE1ODQyOA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg
    MV5BMTUzNjQ3MDY0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE1ODQyOA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 82
hey you guys! i'd normally find Sloth more attractive than Tom Cruise, it must be the leather trousers and eyeliner lol! here's what Sloth actually looked like, a bit of a big hairy bear to keep your steak bakes warm :lol:...off to do the truffle shuffle :lol: xxx

Lmao I'm picturing you with your glass of wine in your hand doing the truffle shuffle sloshing ur wine about all over the place.:lol:

Me and him would fight to much over the steak bakes I think and I don't do American football so I'm Fu*ked lol I won't get to it quick enough lol xxx

Lmao I'm picturing you with your glass of wine in your hand doing the truffle shuffle sloshing ur wine about all over the place.:lol:

Me and him would fight to much over the steak bakes I think and I don't do American football so I'm Fu*ked lol I won't get to it quick enough lol xxx
you forget, i'm scottish, decendant from a bunch of big hairy highlanders...nothing comes between me and a steak bake...i'd rugby tackle him :lol: . me and my dog just truffled shuffled past the living room window, my neighbours opposite look concerned :eek: xxx

I'm irked I spent £2.50 on A DVD I wouldn't have paid 10p for if
I'd have known.
Hansel and gretle witch slayers.
Never seen so much repeated stock footage (fat woman in a grey top with a pink bag on her phone walking down a path, she either never changed clothes or walks so slow she takes weeks to walk from a to b), and acting worse than pre school Christmas plays I'm shocked the actors didn't wave at the camera and shout hi mum.

And that the gas has run out, my mums out for the night and she has the gas card so I can't get more and have no heating or cooker! Not impressed.
Xoxo

I'm irked I spent £2.50 on A DVD I wouldn't have paid 10p for if
I'd have known.
Hansel and gretle witch slayers.
Never seen so much repeated stock footage (fat woman in a grey top with a pink bag on her phone walking down a path, she either never changed clothes or walks so slow she takes weeks to walk from a to b), and acting worse than pre school Christmas plays I'm shocked the actors didn't wave at the camera and shout hi mum.

And that the gas has run out, my mums out for the night and she has the gas card so I can't get more and have no heating or cooker! Not impressed.
Xoxo
is that the film with Jeremy Renner in it?xxx

is that the film with Jeremy Renner in it?xxx

No, its this one http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2381962/

Its not which slayer, slayers of witchcraft it is lol.

Absolutely horrendous, shocked one of the main characters was Seth in twilight its that bad.

Thinking back now, its worth £2.50 just for the laugh of how bad it
Is. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back