What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get irked on a weekly basis by how we get judged on what we do however im now getting to the point where it's becoming amusing.
I quit my job as a police officer last October after 10 years of watching corruption, bullying sexism etc going on around me.
I'm well educated, I've seen and done and dealt with things most people will never experience. Whilst working full time shifts I retrained in beauty, ran my business whilst still working in the force so all I did was sleep work sleep work.
I quit cos the time was right and now work out of my home salon. But business is still slow so I clean houses on the side. I work with a lovely lady and I go to lots of different houses, mostly where women that live off their rich husbands and have never done a days work in their life and can't be bothered to clean. It now amuses me how they look me up and down, judge me on the job I do having no idea who I am or what I have done over the years.
I work from 8 in the morning till 10 at night every day of the week to earn peanuts really, whilst these women sit around doing nothing. So at first it annoyed me but now I look at them as being a bit sad and lonely - they are dependant on keeping there husbands happy whereas I go can do as I please and have only myself to depend on.

I cleaned the house of a lady who was rather wealthy, well her older husband was, she used to spend all day sorting out her wardrobe. Putting outfits together and shopping. She was very lonely and confided as much to me, saying "there is only so much more of my life I can spend in this fake world, I'm in unfulfilled in life"
I thought, how sad to have to confide in your hired help..
Maybe they are not looking down their noses? Maybe they are jealous of the fact you have the strength and skill to be self sufficient

I was fed up yesterday when my first client of the day was not home but today I've had a nice chilled day at my Indian head massage course ahhhh! :)

I cleaned the house of a lady who was rather wealthy, well her older husband was, she used to spend all day sorting out her wardrobe. Putting outfits together and shopping. She was very lonely and confided as much to me, saying "there is only so much more of my life I can spend in this fake world, I'm in unfulfilled in life"
I thought, how sad to have to confide in your hired help..
Maybe they are not looking down their noses? Maybe they are jealous of the fact you have the strength and skill to be self sufficient

Know what you mean, I know a lady who's husband refuses to let her work, gives her £1000 a week pocket money and gets naggy if its not spent. She complains that she finds it hard to spend it all so is in the bingo all day using it up. She has a really sad and lonely life and would love to work, clean or do the garden, she can't clean, do the garden or work because there isn't enough time to spend in between so spends some
On a cleaner and Gardner who have a healthy tip each visit xoxo

Know what you mean, I know a lady who's husband refuses to let her work, gives her £1000 a week pocket money and gets naggy if its not spent. She complains that she finds it hard to spend it all so is in the bingo all day using it up. She has a really sad and lonely life and would love to work, clean or do the garden, she can't clean, do the garden or work because there isn't enough time to spend in between so spends some

she should open a savings account and stash it all in there .........extra insurance...just in case:lol:

I am irked because I've not had a day off for 3 weeks and I was meant to be going out tonight but instead I stayed in and did my friends hair which meant I didn't have enough time to get ready so I've stayed in. I didn't get a thank you, I just got a complaint for trimming her layers when she wanted to grow them out (despite saying to me 'just do what you did last time').

I have bent over backwards this week to help other people, I feel like giving up :-(

she should open a savings account and stash it all in there .........extra insurance...just in case:lol:

I was about to say this.... Is she mad... Get her nails and hair done weekly, have a make up artist, and then the rest in a savings account, buy a couple outfits.... The man with all the money working won't know how much everything is soooooo rather than be lonely go to ladies days for meals and live 'how the other half live' and I'd have a secret job lol.

Saying that I wouldn't last at all.... No man is ever telling me what I can do, but 4 grand a month is more than most jobs sooooooo if she loves him and he's nice looking and good in bed and everything else we expect from our other halves revil in it.... If me n my bf don't work out I've decided I'm gonna spend a couple years as a gold digger as I can't be settling down any time soon so may as well have fun and have someone give me money in the process ;P

Get his name for me hehe. (Joke)

I am irked because I've not had a day off for 3 weeks and I was meant to be going out tonight but instead I stayed in and did my friends hair which meant I didn't have enough time to get ready so I've stayed in. I didn't get a thank you, I just got a complaint for trimming her layers when she wanted to grow them out (despite saying to me 'just do what you did last time').

I have bent over backwards this week to help other people, I feel like giving up :-(

No giving up ... Just be selfish with your own time.... When I'm planned to go out I out regardless, when mates want their hair done they come to me in plenty time to do, plus if growing her layers she needs them trimmed anyway to get rid of split ends. Lol

I used to get moaned at all the time when getting ready to go out by mate 'waiting for nix again' 'bet she ain't ready' 'come on nix, waiting for you' and I used to snap saying 'hang on I've got 4 of you ready and now finishing me off so you can bloody wait' so from that day I get me ready and only once I'm ready I will do their hair for them to go out, and they wait, one mate sat huffing so I waited sipping my wine until she asked me nicely lol.

I love doing hair, hate doing it when mates expect it, if they ask I make sure I have time lol.

No giving up ... Just be selfish with your own time.... When I'm planned to go out I out regardless, when mates want their hair done they come to me in plenty time to do, plus if growing her layers she needs them trimmed anyway to get rid of split ends. Lol

I used to get moaned at all the time when getting ready to go out by mate 'waiting for nix again' 'bet she ain't ready' 'come on nix, waiting for you' and I used to snap saying 'hang on I've got 4 of you ready and now finishing me off so you can bloody wait' so from that day I get me ready and only once I'm ready I will do their hair for them to go out, and they wait, one mate sat huffing so I waited sipping my wine until she asked me nicely lol.

I love doing hair, hate doing it when mates expect it, if they ask I make sure I have time lol.

Same here, love doing hair but hate being expected to do it. I've had one friend actually get naggy because I don't bring my scissors home every night, saying I clearly don't care so much about them if I leave them at the salon. Erm... They are kept in a padded box in a drawer so they don't get knocked. Friends eh? And then there are the ones who make it all worth it by asking about 5 times if I'm 100% sure I can fit them in because they don't mind waiting. Xoxo

Same here, love doing hair but hate being expected to do it. I've had one friend actually get naggy because I don't bring my scissors home every night, saying I clearly don't care so much about them if I leave them at the salon. Erm... They are kept in a padded box in a drawer so they don't get knocked. Friends eh? And then there are the ones who make it all worth it by asking about 5 times if I'm 100% sure I can fit them in because they don't mind waiting. Xoxo

I know yer lol. Most my mates are the later of your comment but one even starts getting ready at 12 in the afternoon and still leaves her hair for me to straighten and style even when I've run late and not got home till 630 and not eaten all day.... That was the day she huffed and had turned up with blasted hair not asked and sat waiting, huffing and making snide comments, so when one mate said I'm ordering taxi, you sorting your hair or going like that, she was forced to ask me lol. I was narked anyway thought but now she asks or at least waits lol.

Your mate saying your don't care for them.... What stops them going to the shop, they obv don't care for your scissors :p lol

Perfect example to show money can't buy happiness!
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

After being x-rayed again today I'm irked cause the broken elbow turns out to be a chipped bone however I've broken my scaphoid .... So now in plaster for 8 weeks.

So treated myself to a McD's to cheer myself up !!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364214331.419794.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364214331.419794.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 176
^^snazzy pink plaster though Wonda :D ^^

My irk of today - filling out job applications and trying to remember what my salary was in 1998?!? I don't even know what it is today, let alone all those years back!! LOL!

What irked me today was going to a new client who told me she had "Shellac" on which needed removing and then a new application of Gelish. Yes, that all sounds fine but when I get there I realise it's not Shellac at all.

No, it's that f***ing cement that's been applied in a so called American named salon where they all wear face masks. New client wonders why I'm not drilling it and her cuticles off cos that's what they do there. :eek:

Agghhh!! An hour of my life removing it which I didn't account for. :Scared:
However after an hour and a half of her listening to me educate her I think I've bagged myself a new client.

I was irked last night. I had spent hours dogging the car out the day before, making it really neat and tidy (yes I have a problem with tidiness, even down to snow removing), went out for a few hours and came back to find someone up the street had taken not just my space, but my neighbours too.... So at 10pm I had to dig a new space.
Got my own back though, I blocked his car in with snow and packed out his exhaust with it too. Had him knocking on the door this morning asking me why I blocked him in moving snow for my space, the bloody cheek of it. And to top it off, he asked to use my spade! Obviously I said no and had him moan that he dosent have one of his own.

Don't steal my space! He's lucky I don't smash his windows!

Poor parking really annoys me, and I'm the passenger. If I can't get into the passenger seat without the car being reversed they deserve the keying I give! Xoxo

I was irked last night. I had spent hours dogging the car out the day before, making it really neat and tidy (yes I have a problem with tidiness, even down to snow removing), went out for a few hours and came back to find someone up the street had taken not just my space, but my neighbours too.... So at 10pm I had to dig a new space.
Got my own back though, I blocked his car in with snow and packed out his exhaust with it too. Had him knocking on the door this morning asking me why I blocked him in moving snow for my space, the bloody cheek of it. And to top it off, he asked to use my spade! Obviously I said no and had him moan that he dosent have one of his own.

Don't steal my space! He's lucky I don't smash his windows!

Poor parking really annoys me, and I'm the passenger. If I can't get into the passenger seat without the car being reversed they deserve the keying I give! Xoxo

You were "dogging" last night?

Oops! Digging. There was a dog on tv as I typed it. Xoxo

My mum used to say she was "going dogging" when she was out walking her dogs.
She had a man coming to give her a double glazing quote, when he asked when was best she replied "oh well I go dogging in the morning so afternoon is best"

My mum used to say she was "going dogging" when she was out walking her dogs.
She had a man coming to give her a double glazing quote, when he asked when was best she replied "oh well I go dogging in the morning so afternoon is best"

Lmao love it! Xoxo

I'm irked today having watched Alicia Douvell talk about how she regrets the 1 million pounds she's spent on surgery over the years.
Every day I get up to work 12-14 hour days to earn peanuts yet for getting her boobs out she has been able to afford 1 million pounds on surgery alone. Wouldn't mind if she seemed educated and able to string a sentence together but this proved difficult for her.
Wish I had got my boobs out when I was younger cos maybe I'd have been able to waste 1 million on rubbish.
Also Nanny whispers in America, parents who employ people to communicate with their Nanny - and they are earning a flipping fortune.
My god I'm in the wrong industry.

I'm irked today having watched Alicia Douvell talk about how she regrets the 1 million pounds she's spent on surgery over the years.
Every day I get up to work 12-14 hour days to earn peanuts yet for getting her boobs out she has been able to afford 1 million pounds on surgery alone. Wouldn't mind if she seemed educated and able to string a sentence together but this proved difficult for her.
Wish I had got my boobs out when I was younger cos maybe I'd have been able to waste 1 million on rubbish.
Also Nanny whispers in America, parents who employ people to communicate with their Nanny - and they are earning a flipping fortune.
My god I'm in the wrong industry.

Nanny whispered? Seriously have these people never heard of calls, texts or god forbid face to face conversation?
Xoxo

Latest posts

Back