What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, but who's the one with the vested interest here, Tomme?
They don't give a bugger about your kitchen, but you do, so I find it's always best to keep them sweet till the job's done, then unleash hell!

I know, I've tried, but 5 weeks of changing the coffee, milk and sugar daily because they don't know how to put a lid on things and filling them with dust and bits, offering sandwiches on my days off, cleaning after their mess and putting up with them not turning up for days at a time really grates at you. The business owner takes 2 calls to get hold of and gives you bull about staffing issues etc... How there's old people's houses they have just started work on, do I know the old or other people? No so why do I care?
They have left dust everywhere completely ignoring the health problems of my mum, and making my life miserable for 5 weeks so now I'm not playing nice and they will do the work when I say or I will harras them by calling every 10 minutes until they are in my home doing the work they started.
And according to other kitchen fitters, stripping the old cupboards, lifting the floor, re wiring the electrics, plastering, fitting a new ceiling, laying a new floor and the new cupboards being installed, decorating and tiling the walls with days allocated for unforeseen circumstances and situations should take 2 weeks.

What irked me today was the fact that my daughter and family got back from a lovely holiday in Cornwall to find that her accounts had been hacked.
Someone in London who was expecting a "free" £300 Ocado order mainly consisting of vodka will be sadly disappointed today. Their new Blackberry won't be arriving either.
oh no! this happened to me a few years back at Christmas, its awful xxx

Having to wind my car window down to shout at two white van drivers for parking in extremely dangerous locations.

One right on a bend in the road so that you couldn't go past him as you couldn't see what was coming from the other direction until it was too late - but that's okay, he was on his phone.

The second van, right on a corner of a busy road blocking the view of oncoming traffic so you couldn't pull out.

What is is with these people?!

My daughters were cowering in the back seat cos I'm "so embarrassing!".

Having to wind my car window down to shout at two white van drivers for parking in extremely dangerous locations.

One right on a bend in the road so that you couldn't go past him as you couldn't see what was coming from the other direction until it was too late - but that's okay, he was on his phone.

The second van, right on a corner of a busy road blocking the view of oncoming traffic so you couldn't pull out.

What is is with these people?!

My daughters were cowering in the back seat cos I'm "so embarrassing!".

My friends little boy got ran over by a white can driver yesterday reversing round a corner. Poor little boy was on the floor crying and the driver was Effing and blinding at him cos he was in his way!
He is ok, just a sprained ankle luckily :(

Gaining 1lb at weight watchers when I stuck to the plan has irked me x

Taking a well earned week off with my man having worked every day from 8am - 8pm for past 6 weeks.
Trying to enjoy days out such as riding the Norfolk steam train, then a tour on the Broads only to being ruining by noisy out of control children,( on both the train and boat) who's parents couldn't care less that their kids are running riot and ruining every one else's day.
I'm not a kid lover myself but fed up that on school holidays they are everywhere arghhhh!!!

Rudeness had majorly irked today, there is no need for it. Especially when I'm nice and polite. Next time I think I will be rude back. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

People partying over Maggie Thatcher's death. I don't want to start a debate or anything, but i think this is disgraceful behavior. How awful for her grieving family and friends.

People partying over Maggie Thatcher's death. I don't want to start a debate or anything, but i think this is disgraceful behavior. How awful for her grieving family and friends.

Second this; since when did we become a society that celebrated the death of anyone - makes me sick!

Second this; since when did we become a society that celebrated the death of anyone - makes me sick!

It makes me sick to my stomach! So here here!!!

Agree completely, ok you might not have liked her when she was alive, but any decent person should never talk ill of the dead.

What irked me today was going in a date with a guy who I've been chatting to online for a couple of weeks, nice guy, at 26, he's 6 years younger but come across as level headed.
Saw him pull up in the car park of where we were meeting, screeching tyre wheels, music blaring & he had track suit bottoms on !!

I'm irked that all the decent blokes are all taken & those that are single are either too young to realise you don't turn up to a date looking/behaving like a chav or are just out of a relationship & don't want to settle down again, they just want to be free & single forever !!

That irked me too. She was a mother and grandmother so how must her poor family be feeling to see all that. Sickening.

My other irk today was the bloody hospital cancelling my poor dads operation for the second time!! He is in so much pain :(
I will be phoning and fighting his corner tomorrow so hopefully ill be on the "what made you smile" thread saying he's had a quick reschedule.

What has irked me since yesterday is....

An agency calling me to say I should not get my hopes up for more than minimum wage as I have not been working in an office for 2 years to have my children. Then to say she thinks I should take the temp job she is offering as I won't get any better.

Then had a phone call from another agency to say the job I went for with them I had got which is a lot more than minimum wage - so very happy with that.

Ohh another irk.... Saying to my brother and his girlfriend while they were looking after my boys they could help them selves to a drink and lunch while I was out. To come home and find a whole 2 ltr bottle of lemonade gone along with a whole loaf of bread with 5 coffee cups on the side and 4 plates. x

What has irked me since yesterday is....

An agency calling me to say I should not get my hopes up for more than minimum wage as I have not been working in an office for 2 years to have my children. Then to say she thinks I should take the temp job she is offering as I won't get any better.

Then had a phone call from another agency to say the job I went for with them I had got which is a lot more than minimum wage - so very happy with that.

Ohh another irk.... Saying to my brother and his girlfriend while they were looking after my boys they could help them selves to a drink and lunch while I was out. To come home and find a whole 2 ltr bottle of lemonade gone along with a whole loaf of bread with 5 coffee cups on the side and 4 plates. x

Ohh well done on the new job!
5 cups between 2 people? Have they not heard of re using each time. Xoxo

I'm still irked by the chav from last night.

But irked even more after reading something on Facebook.

Going on a weekend away with my sister & her friends, 20+ of us going, I messaged the organiser last night asking if there'll be anymore costs cause I'm beyond skint at the mo due to having no clients for 2 weeks.
She replies only your own food/drinks & hopes business will pick up soon.

She then posts on the event thread this morning:
Girls, I'm going to get a nail technician to come over a few days before to do my nails, anyone else want to book in ?

I'm dumbstruck.

When I was getting into this business I knew it'd be hard, but hoped my family & friends & friends of family would possibly help me out, spread the word, get nails done with me (with a slight discount as a mate) to get the word out.

I don't know if to reply to this post & say, I do them as a business & thanks for thinking about me & possibly end up with an atmosphere on the weekend or just say nothing.

What I will be doing, is getting my sister in & do the BEST EVER set to show off !!

I have a new lady whose poor nails have been filed into oblivion. They are so paper thin, feel sorry for her.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365668848.483893.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365668876.044919.jpg

Why do places treat people lie this. Its a long road ahead for both of us.

However I'm putting this in the made me smile post to as she said, she trusts me as I've discussed how we are going to get them beautiful again

Vicki x

My irk has reached an all time high & it's not even 10:30 !!

I'm fighting back the tears & feeling if falling on the floor.

So fed up, had 2 clients booked in today ....... Both have cancelled.

I can't do a 3rd week with no clients.

My irk has reached an all time high & it's not even 10:30 !!

I'm fighting back the tears & feeling if falling on the floor.

So fed up, had 2 clients booked in today ....... Both have cancelled.

I can't do a 3rd week with no clients.

Awww Wonda don't cry :(. Can't bring you clients but here is a hug, I hope it gets better soon
Hugs Vicki x

what irked me was waking up and jumping into the shower half asleep only realising id bought 2 shampoos instead of a shampoo and conditioner after id washed my hair, woops :) x x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back