What is causing this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clownyclaire

Reaction score
Hi all... I've been doing acrylic nails for 5 years and love doing them!
I Use nsi attraction with all the same brand of products that run along side but here it is... I've got a Problem with one client only... She has a natural overlay but the odd occasion a fresh set...
Well she came to me this evening for infils To find a tiny tiny bit of lifting I mean tiny on 2 nails... I put it down to myself maybe I didn't do Enough prep on these 2 nails as never normally Have a problem, well I done all prep and removed the small lifted acrylic to almost normal nails again... I applied "line out" force of habit Really then removed after set time and then applied Primer then acrylic... I've filed and buffed to Find around the infil area a small yellow colour? What On earth is This? And if You no, why is it only in the middle of the infil area and again only on This one client?? It's so annoying as its only on her when Infilling so must be something to do With the line out product- my thoughts r possibly reacting with The new acrylic I place at the base of the nail?? but why only on her??
Sorry for the long long post I
Thought I'd get It all in so I hopefully have informed Everyone of what i done, use etc. Here's a Picture Of the nail as close as I could get.. I've put a Pale pink polish on to Cover up the nail but u can still see it very slightly...
Oh also I it's not contamination of the brush as it doesn't happen on anyone else.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331320345.995036.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331320345.995036.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 248
It could be happening for several reasons.
Could be your monomer reacting with the line out or your primer reacting with it.

Why just the one client? She could be the client who had the most lifting.

My advice is to stop using line out and tackle the real problem which is that your product is lifting. Get rid of any lifted material the professional way instead of the 'short cut' way which is using line out to seep under the lift to disguise it. Line out is no more than an adhesive like nail adhesive. It can yellow on its own with age or very quickly when in contact with primer or monomer.

Stop the lifting by understanding your products (and your customers' lifestyles) and how they work and using the appropriate techniques. Stop the lift and stop the line out and your work as a nail technician will improve. Learn to deal with lifting long-term the professional way by removing it instead of the shoddy short-term way by masquing it or covering it up.

Latest posts

Back