What is Quattro???!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Nine-Emzy

Reaction score
Hello,
I keep hearing people mention quattro.....what is it??!!! is it a uv top coat for the nails using the uv lamp??? what equipment is needed for it??? what are the results?? Please explain!!! Emma xxx

Quattro is a uv top coat cured with a lamp which can be used over any system instead of buffing and can also be used over polish on any system aswell, it gives a really high gloss in 3 minutes you will need the quattro, lamp and nail sanitizer to wipe of any dust before you apply it which you can get all these things from united beauty

:hug:

quattro is a gel top coat, high shine, no sticky residue, paints on like polish sets under a uv lamp in 3 minutes, available in clear, glitter, strawberry pink, burnt orange, snow white, natural white, a bright red and a blood red and a peach. can be used over gel, acrylic, silk and nail art. available from united beauty.

Wow....how did I not know about this!! So I have applied my attitude nail polish and then I apply quattro over it. Do I have to wait for the nail varnish to dry first??? and then I put hands under UV lamp for 3 mins?? After that how much longer does it make the nail varnish last?? xxx

can i just ask if the quattro silver glitter is holographic or not? sorry to hijack the thread.
thanks.x

give your polish a few minutes to dry before applying. will last until you buff off. the glitter is just silver but new colours will be launched for xmas!

give your polish a few minutes to dry before applying. will last until you buff off. the glitter is just silver but new colours will be launched for xmas!
thanks for that gemma.i cant wait to try these as i only live a couple of miles away from my local sallys wholesalers so these will be easy for me to get when i need them.so i hope they will be stocking them?
also can they be used on natural nails or does it have to be enhanced nails?
thanks.xx

Last edited:
Do you need special buffers to buff it off? Is is easy to buff off??? Should I provide the service for clients to come back and I will do it for them or do they do it?? How much should I charge for this treatment?? sorry for all the questions!! I had heard about bio sculpture doing this sort of thing, but I didn't know star nails did! I did train to do nail extensions (gel and arcylic) at college but havn't done any since so I have probably seen quattro in the wholesalers but walked straight padt it thinking it was for nail extensions! xxx

thanks for that gemma.i cant wait to try these as i only live a couple of miles away from my local sallys wholesalers so these will be easy for me to get when i need them.so i hope they will be stocking them?
also can they be used on natural nails or does it have to be enhanced nails?
thanks.xx
no enhancements only. mainly because you have to buff it off so it cause damage to the natural nail.

Do you need special buffers to buff it off? Is is easy to buff off??? Should I provide the service for clients to come back and I will do it for them or do they do it?? How much should I charge for this treatment?? sorry for all the questions!! I had heard about bio sculpture doing this sort of thing, but I didn't know star nails did! I did train to do nail extensions (gel and arcylic) at college but havn't done any since so I have probably seen quattro in the wholesalers but walked straight padt it thinking it was for nail extensions! xxx
no special buffers needed i use a 240 grit file. it goes on really fine so its easy to buff off. just buff it off before you infill. where abouts you from cos i could always get one of our reps to come and show you the product???

Oh right, I was thinking that you could apply it to natural nails as well as enhancements like I think you can with bio-sculpture. I don't offer nail enhancements at the moment so that solves that issue!! thank you for telling me about it though, I will def keep it in mind! x

no enhancements only. mainly because you have to buff it off so it cause damage to the natural nail.

could you not buff it off gently with a white block?

or would it just chip off natural nails?

could you not buff it off gently with a white block?

or would it just chip off natural nails?
an experianced tech could but i wouldnt recommend it for a newbie. so please have a go but mind that natural nail.
gem xx

ive had my nails painted with quattro over the top for over a week now. they have lost the shine a tiny bit, and a couple have chipped. but it really potected it so i didnt smudge them!!

Latest posts

Back