What is the best spray tan machine to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UDBrows

Reaction score
I want to buy a spraytan gun now I have completed my training but I have no idea which is the best to use there are so many out there. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Personally the MaxiMist Range compared to Tanning Essentials etc

The MaxiMist Evolution TNT is the perfect unit for the mobile tech or salon that demands performance and unsurpassed dependability.

Good Luck :) .

Tanning Essentials offers a variety of innovative Spray Tan Systems that might be of interest to you! We recommend either;

1) The Rapid Spray Tan System.
This unit has been designed for professional salon-based use or for those mobile technicians wanting a premium yet transportable unit! The lightweight unit boasts an illuminating LED Display with innovative touch technology controls and an inbuilt Smart Memory function. It also includes
2 Rapid Applicators, which can be placed in their built-in workstation. These applicators achieve an ultra fine finish, and has a wider spray tan pattern for those wanting a quicker application.

2) The Pro V Spray Tan System.
This unit is also designed for both the busy salon or less frequent mobile professional. It includes a six power settings to accommodate all solution and spray techniques. The Pro V Applicators offer a more controlled and narrower spray pattern when compared to the Rapid - it all comes down to your preference in how you like to spray!

Hope that helps :)

MT x

Maximist all the way!! As sunless have said above Evolution TNT is a great unit and a real work horse.
They are sold at great prices from Suntana with free liquids :)
Hope this helps ;)

Maximist all the way!! As sunless have said above Evolution TNT is a great unit and a real work horse.
They are sold at great prices from Suntana with free liquids :)
Hope this helps ;)

just about to buy new tanning machine.. thinking of your recommendation.. can this machine do a high number of tans back to back? and tell me your thoughts on why you prefer this to other machines you've used please?

Hi Loveleelady,
Yes it can do tanning parties etc.
This unit for me was a winner as the motor is large and powerful enough to keep up with my dance groups and the variable motor pressure is great! Other units are so loud! I spray with this unit on low pressure which means I can 'speak' over the unit whilst spraying - once done twist the head off and dry the client off with the motor on high so its almost like drying with a hairdryer on full.
Also comes with 3 heads in total (3 x applicators) so you can quickly switch between solutions without mess of fuss.

I hope this helps m'dear :)

Hi Loveleelady,
This unit for me was a winner as the motor is large and powerful enough to keep up with my dance groups and the variable motor pressure is great! Other units are so loud! I spray with this unit on low pressure which means I can 'speak' over the unit whilst spraying - once done twist the head off and dry the client off with the motor on high so its almost like drying with a hairdryer on full.
Also comes with 3 heads in total (3 x applicators) so you can quickly switch between solutions without mess of fuss.

you are fab your posts made me go for it wouldn't have thought of it otherwise! ordered today wohooo

actually think its pro one I ordered - the more expensive one thought id do it proper! lol

Go you! Ekkkk :D

Hi Loveleelady,

Hi rachel83 I've just bought the maximist pro tnt. I wonder if you could advise what you found to be the best spray setting on the gun. I'm not sure how much to turn the dial. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks x

Hi Shazza251,
Each therapist is different, some spray closer to the skin while others further away, some one coat others do two so its each to their own TBH.
I have it as fine as possible and the motor on low. I spray close to the skin and do two thin coats.
I would say have a play with it (with water in rather than waste solution) and see what you feel comfortable with. You may want to work faster than me and do one thicker coat.
Sorry I can't give you the magic answer on settings love - hope you get set up soon.

Its a fab unit and I'm sure you won't even for a moment regret getting it ;)

Hi Shazza251,
Each therapist is different, some spray closer to the skin while others further away, some one coat others do two so its each to their own TBH.
I have it as fine as possible and the motor on low. I spray close to the skin and do two thin coats.
I would say have a play with it (with water in rather than waste solution) and see what you feel comfortable with. You may want to work faster than me and do one thicker coat.
Sorry I can't give you the magic answer on settings love - hope you get set up soon.

Its a fab unit and I'm sure you won't even for a moment regret getting it ;)
Great thank you xx

Latest posts

Back