what is your latest new treatment in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancingdiva3101

Reaction score
hi guys me again, the title says it all. What new treatments are on offer in salons these days that are up to date? Such as shellac, rockstar manicure or pedicure, eye lash extensions, extreme waxing (training by kim lawless)? im looking for sum more new ideas to keep up with trends and was wondering if im missing anything out

thanks guys xxx

Hi Dancingdiva - I see your a newbie, welcome :D

My latest treatments this year have been;
March - Lava Shell Massage
May - Shellac
June (at the end of the month) - Lava Shell Therma Facial

Not sure what else I am going to do this year, but always on the look out for new treatments.

If you dont already do Lava Shells I highly recommend it, they are amazing, & still very new, only got launched in the UK in March 2009.

How about threading, if you dont already to it, thats a popular trend at the moment?

Hope that helps xxx

hi there, i was looking into doing threading through an ILA scotland, lava shells i seen at the edin beauty show but wasnt convinced on them. How exactly do they work?? xx

at the moment i offer

manicure, pedicure, massage, nail extensions, extreme waxing (training kim lawless that i would highly recommend) eye treatments, rockstar manicure and pedicure, spray tanning, mmm n think thats all at the min.

Im going on shellac training, eyelash extensions with lash perfect and possibly minx
xx

Sorry...But what is Rockstar mani/pedi?????

at the moment i offer

manicure, pedicure, massage, nail extensions, extreme waxing (training kim lawless that i would highly recommend) eye treatments, rockstar manicure and pedicure, spray tanning, mmm n think thats all at the min.

Im going on shellac training, eyelash extensions with lash perfect and possibly minx
xx

Shelley - Rockstar manicure/pedicure are glitters over gel or Shellac, there is photos and information & a video in the Shellac Lovers group on here.

Lava Shells work by putting in a two stage charge into the back of the shell, (through a hole, then you put the stopperback on), which activates & heats up staying hot for over an hour. You then use the shells to massage over the body with, similar to hot stones, but the shells are non-pourous have a fluid continual heat & totally eco-friendly. For more better detailed information check out www.sharedbeautysecrets.co.uk

hope that helps x

I'm revamping my bamboo massage at the moment, am making it more of an experience!

I also find that instead of doing new training putting combinations together work well.

for example last week I did a special

HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES
this was an Oriental face massage followed by a thai foot and leg massage. I used the priadara Oriental lotion and oriental oil mixed and it went down a storm.

Sometimes is just re-jigging what you already know and combining with something that you haven't done before. My clients love my specials and am usually booked out.

I have resently added eyelash/brow tinting and have just gone on a semi permanent eyelash extention course, so I'll be adding that soon too.

I have written my enquiry further down.. : )

I'm revamping my bamboo massage at the moment, am making it more of an experience!

I also find that instead of doing new training putting combinations together work well.

for example last week I did a special

HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES
this was an Oriental face massage followed by a thai foot and leg massage. I used the priadara Oriental lotion and oriental oil mixed and it went down a storm.

Whats this? priadara oriental lotion and oil?? Is it just a particular brand or is it specific to certain skin problems ....i've never heard of it. Whats the difference with an oriental massage on face/feet as opposed to normal massage in pedicure/facial??

Sometimes is just re-jigging what you already know and combining with something that you haven't done before. My clients love my specials and am usually booked out.

Hi edenbeauty,

Priadara is a range from ellisons.
I used it to complement the Oriental face massage and Thai foot massage.
The oil came in my Thai compress set and I mix it with the Oriental lotion as they both contain similar essential oils.

Oriental face massage/Indian face massage/Ayurvedic face massage/Natural face lift massage/Natural rejuvenation massage

are all pretty similar and do have some movements that you would use in your facial routine, but its more intense as the treatment lasts for nearly an hour. The massage is done in various sequences to help stimulate the skin, tone the muscle, smooth fine lines and lift the facial muscle.

Thai foot massage again will have some basic movements in it that you would do in your pedicure but again it is an hour of pure massage. It works on the sen lines and involves a lot of pressure points. I personally use a Thai foot stick to apply pressure points with and it has similarities to reflexology.

If you want to know more why not visit my website.

Latest posts

Back