What is your obsession?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
Being a nail technician what is your obsession? what do you have most of?

With me being a student and learning , i gotta admit im obsessed with Nail polishes !!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and they all have to match the company who im training with to :) haha

fun thread :hug:

Yes everything has to match! I'm a CND junkie :lol:

Not just Polishes but logo towels, posters, record cards, appointment cards, appointment book, mobile case, dappen dish, client mugs... oh I could go on :o

pmsl ditto with dappen dishes !! and ive just actually bought the client cards ( im using OPI ) even thou i already bought some at the warehouse :rolleyes: crikey haha

Polishes for me too. I love colour. Especially if it's dark and rich. And really shiny. Ooooooo nothing beats a shiny dark nail!

Salon Geek is my new obsession! It's like when you first join facebook - You have to go on and keep checking! I'm newly qualified and am learning so much just from the forums!

I seriously need to stop buying stuff though - I haven't had my first paying client yet!!!!!:eek:

Salon Geek is my new obsession! It's like when you first join facebook - You have to go on and keep checking! I'm newly qualified and am learning so much just from the forums!

I seriously need to stop buying stuff though - I haven't had my first paying client yet!!!!!:eek:

Ya not im same ! even though im at college im learning all time by reading on salon geek :) i love the site !! im on here more then facebook now

I am learning so much on salon geek as well.
Has to be nail art for me! I keep looking at all the gorgeous nails in the critique section and hoping i'll be as good one day. :green:

I like all matching things. Most of my products match, or they are just no brand like my pumping bottle for example cos they were out of stock on CND.

Anyhoo, my obsession is 3d nail art. Even though I can't do it...yet. I absolutely love it and can't get enough

I like all matching things. Most of my products match, or they are just no brand like my pumping bottle for example cos they were out of stock on CND.

Anyhoo, my obsession is 3d nail art. Even though I can't do it...yet. I absolutely love it and can't get enough
Ooo and me!:)

Well, without sounding like a complete nerd, my obsession is learning!

I have always been like that since I was a child - loved school, spend half my time with my head in a book of some type lol

I have always been learning about something - I studied various things throughout my life after leaving school way too early due to life issues. I have studied forensics, psychology, astronomy, astrology, corsetry, dressmaking.

the only one that has ever really gripped me as a passion though is nails - so my learning keeps within the industry now. I am still so new to it all but am learning new things every day from fellow Geeks posting here, from books, magazines, good old google, my course materials and I LOVE it :)

My obsession is biosculpture colour gels x ive got 65 already and working towards getting all x and I'm a mobile tech, so it's a lot to carry.

And when extensions were really popular it was unusual powders that no where else had x

AND now I've just started doing minx, I just know this is going to be my new obsession x Look at the patterns everyday x

mines just nails in general! Ilike everything to match but use different nail files to the brand l&p i use as i think they last longer!
The brand of l&p i use even sell aprons with their logo on i really really want one but all the money i spend i cant justify spending just under £20 for an apron!!!!LOL

Mine's Gelish, can't get enough of it. Going to stalk them at the show tomorrow :)..xx

My obsession at the moment too is Gelish, on Gelish group every day, just wish i could afford more colours its addictive! But the most stuff I have is nail art bits and bobs, gems,mylar,glitters & coloured acrylics but never use the damn stuff as most of my ladies are more mature and dont go in for anything exciting really, just sits in my case. Just ordered some crushed shells off fleabay and just done myself a shell toenail (to show my friend who might have em for her hols) & also extended my thumb in clear with shells in, the other 9 are Gelish. Love anything sparkly and shiney, my kids say Im like a magpie! x

I just love anything colourful and glittery. A girl just can't have enough sparkle and a lot of my clients who started off having pink & white french have now been converted. I keep changing my own nails, even occasionally just one or two odd ones when I'm having a play and eventually they see something they just can't resist :lol:

My obsession is orly nail polishes and Mani & pedi lotions & the new uv polishes.

Cnt wait for NSI to bring there version out.

When I first started last year I had a major thing about nail polish, now I can't get enough of looking at peoples beautiful pictures on here, in the hope that one day I may be half as good!

Nothing in particular, apart from every now and then I feel a little spend coming on! For me, it's never been for natural nails polishes, though.

Sometimes I like a traditional French and then I will dig my glitters/colours out. I like to 'Play' and have an enquiring mind where nail products are concerned. Even when I really like a brand, I still like to try new stuff once in a while.

Sometimes, when I read on here of people absolutely swearing by a particular company/product and that nothing would ever induce then to deviate from their sworn allegiance to it, I think 'Really!! Now why don't I feel like that and want to have occasional dalliances with other products?' :eek:

:)

Latest posts

Back