what kind of dog would you buy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
My hubby has agreed that we can get a dog, I am so excited as I have always had a dog upuntil I met him when my dog then was old and died 6 months into the relationship.

He wants a king charles spaniel, I would like a westie, so I thought I would ask what would be a good dog to have, it can not be big though which is where I am struggling as I have always had labradors,

Any help would be appreciated

I love dogs, but I cant have one as I live in rented accomodation but if I could have a dog it would be an eskimo dog, they are so lovelly with gorgeous blue eye's, might be a bit big though!!

boxer dog ! mad as hatters ! dont like being left on their own though they have to come EVERYWHERE with you !

amb xx

Staffie - loyal, friendly, a bit mad, great with kids/other people, protective of home/owner in a good way.
Cons would be they need lots of exercise, two 1/2-1 hour walks per day and they like to chew when they are pups!!!

Hi
we jus got a springer that is now 9weeks. Its such a pickle and I must say I'm finding it very hard as they have bounds of energy. I can't take him out until 12 weeks. You need to look into it and your life style. Otherwise like me you will be up with it throughout the night and tearing your hair out.
Good luck in finding what suits you.:lol:

my friend has a staffy it pulls her everywhere, walking isnt a problem as we live in front of fields but its too big for my hubby, he is scared of dogs and the only way I can have one is if he picks it and I know he wont go for a staffy or a boxer, although I love them too, I love all dogs and the bigger the better but he says it has to be small!!!!!

Hello,

as you can see on my pic i have a westie myself he is now about 18 months old and is a total nutter!! I chose a westie because i thought they looked like quiet well behaved little dogs - they're not! I love him to pieces he's a real character but he is soooooooooo naughty and barks alot apparently this is very common for the bread.

Good luck and happy choosing :green:

Jo xx

oh my god breed not bread!!

Taxi said:
Hello,

as you can see on my pic i have a westie myself he is now about 18 months old and is a total nutter!! I chose a westie because i thought they looked like quiet well behaved little dogs - they're not! I love him to pieces he's a real character but he is soooooooooo naughty and barks alot apparently this is very common for the bread.

Jo xx

Hi

I used to look after a westie and he was a complete nutter, he used bark at everything and go nuts if anyone walked passed the window, but he had such a lovely character very human like, I lost him once he had escaped through a hole in the hedge and was right down the road in someone elses garden the little terror!!!

I must be mad thinking about this with two toddlers already!!

Delisnails said:
My hubby has agreed that we can get a dog, I am so excited as I have always had a dog upuntil I met him when my dog then was old and died 6 months into the relationship.

He wants a king charles spaniel, I would like a westie, so I thought I would ask what would be a good dog to have, it can not be big though which is where I am struggling as I have always had labradors,

Any help would be appreciated

hi there. i'm back.lol i couldn't get in the forum.;o( i forgot my password.lol
i've missed you all. i was geeking all the time but couldn't get in..
i have just got a doggy from the rescue, she was due to be pts. ;o(
she is a chu/jrt. 4 1/2.i got her from the many tears rescue there in camarthern in s.wales.took us 10hrs round trip,but worth it..
they have all breeds/sizes,ages,pups/ boxers/alsations/whippets/labs.
all who has been saved from being pts..they have rescue kennels all over the country,these,rescues save them from the pound when there time is up..7 days they have to be claimed..
there ex poundies i couldn't wish for a better little dog, house trained no damage,travels in car, and we took her away last weekend in our caravan
she was brilliant,she is spayed,chipped.and had all her injections..
she cost me,£105..
after having our yorkie pts, last year old age.
we thought it was time to have another, just can't live without them.
if you need any more info, just ask.. cheryl
ps... its nice to be back lol.

We are thinking of getting a labradoddle (lab poodle cross), they are great because they dont really lose thier coat (and get stuck in gel!!). They are ment to be lovley natured and are so clever they are used as guide dogs. They also come in all sizes depending on how they are crossed.
Enjoy whatever dog you get
xx

mine would be a shar pei
coca.jpg

that is the most cutist thing ive seen!! :eek: hehe! Ive got a labrador and he's lovely! as u say they are to big! Have u thought of something like a border terrier or a Jrt there are loads of small dogs around! i might be looking myself in a few months theres a website its www.dogpages.org.uk And u can search for dog rescues on there forum there are many dogs that are on there all needing new homes! U can also have a look at rescues in your area too! HTH!!
Hannah xxxx:green:

I would def go to a rescue centre...those dogs have gone there for all sorts of reasons (owners passing away etc) its all very sad...but I found a stray years ago and she was blind in one eye and had clearly been mistreated but she was grateful and loving...I loved her so much that I gave her to my nana and she is her best mate...my lab cost me £250 and my stray was free and the stray is the better dog.

I would get one of those cute little yorkshire terriers that fit in a bag - don't know what the dogs are like, but the bags are great!!

My friend has a Char Pei, it cost her about £800 and is alergic to everything even grass!!:eek:

i have a westie toody,
he is my best bud cause he is with me constantly he has a cheeky raskal character and is like a little person he isnt naughty has his moment. he does like to dig and has white dog syndromme...just hates being white....lol
he is quiet during the day with me and becomes a little boy when my 3 boys get home, he is so gentle with little kids but lets them know if they are fighting each other or over fussing him...
love him to bits

Attachments

• toddy.jpg
    toddy.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 21
Taxi said:
Hello,

Jo xx
no they are not quiet...lol like mischeivous little kids arent they

pazzy said:
I would def go to a rescue centre...those dogs have gone there for all sorts of reasons (owners passing away etc) its all very sad...but I found a stray years ago and she was blind in one eye and had clearly been mistreated but she was grateful and loving...I loved her so much that I gave her to my nana and she is her best mate...my lab cost me £250 and my stray was free and the stray is the better dog.

Our lab cost the same! this time am thinking of going to a rescue, most rescue centres ask for a donation well they used to ask for a donation until peope thought it was ok to offer £10 for adopting a dog which is no where near enough in my opinion! so most rescues have a adoption fee depending on what rescue can vary from £50-£150 which i think is resonable as there all microchipped sprayed/nuetured and fully vaccinated! (I sound like im advertising here! Sorry dont mean to be!! lol) as Pazzy said most dogs are there through no fault of there own Bless them!!:Love:

oh my goodness yes!!

Latest posts

Back