what kind of dog would you buy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Ive got a cavalier king charles spaniel, and he is absolutely gorgeous! He is such a good dog, and is fantastic around the kids. He hasnt got a bad bone in him, hardly ever barks and ive never heard him growl at anyone or anything. I would highly recommend a cavalier king charles to anyone thinking of getting a dog.

NoticeableNails said:
I love little dogs and for me it would have to be a pomeranian.
pomeranian.jpg
pomeranian_02.jpg

They are so cute! Here is some info on them.
http://www.pedigree.co.nz/breeds/?b=153&p=P&pp=

what a lovely little face!! bet it gets knotty though?

Forgot to mention my Llahsa doesnt moult as such, just the odd tuft of hair really...costs us about £20 every 8 weeks for grooming, but she looks soooo posh when she gets back and smells gorgeous!

its a shame golden retrievers moult so badly cos they have a fantastic temperament even if they are medium/large size, dont think your other half would be scared of one of those.

Its the CAVALIER for me too!!!! I have 2(a dog & bitch). Like you i originally wanted a bigger dog, but after doing a lot of research on all breeds suitable to have with young children(my son was 5 at the time). I decided you couldnt go far wrong with a cavalier. I even wrote to 'dogs today mazagine'. You can fill in a questionaire in this mag and send it off and you get back a lovely hand written reply from an experienced dog breeder on all the pro's and con's on all the dog breeds you show interest in.
One thing that was pointed out to me was that the CAVALIER is from the TOY breeds , basically breed to look pretty,and be an excellent companion and easy going natured. While the WESTY is from the TERRIER breed and while excellent dogs in there own right they are generaly more fiesty in nature like all the terrier family. Hope this helps, good luck in your search for the right dog. Heather x

buy one that doesn't shed loads of hair.

i would have a cocker as that is wot i breed and its a fab around dog!!! and my molly is going to have pups any day! cant wait, hoping for some choc brown ones. oh and westes are very pron to having a lot ov skin problems!

joanne2005 said:
i would have a cocker as that is wot i breed and its a fab around dog!!! and my molly is going to have pups and day! cant wait, hoping for some choc brown ones.

I agree, my parents used to breed them too and they are lovely dogs!!

Well I think we are going to go for a cavalier king charles spaniel, we like the boxer too but it would be too big, I have bought a book and read about them and seem ideal for what we want.

My hubby is scared of all sorts of animals, no reason really, I think its more that he never was allowed any animals as a child and so is unsure how to react to anything. He told me a few months ago when I said I was going to get the boys a hampster that if I did he would leave!!!!!! and I dont think he was joking.

Anyway, will start visiting some breeders to have a look at the dogs. My son of 3 this morning informed me that we should get two as then him and his brother would have one each and said that one could be called Lady and one Alfie and that they could both sleep on his bed!!

Will let you know what happens, and thanks everyone for the information it is all really appreciated

Latest posts

Back